Movies on Tata Sky DTH Showcase

• Thread starter Thread starter vkr1515
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 143
  • Views Views 92,328
great movies showing my Tata Sky

Blockbuster "My Name is Khan" from 27 th May, 2010 @ Rs 50

People, NO dont get surprised with the PRICING of rs.50 for the movie instead of the normal rs.75.... its just coz MNIK is distributed by FOX Searchlight all over nd they have the worldwide satellite rights along with the other rights... STAR( wholly owned Subsidiary of FOX) has a 20 % stake in TS (which will be increased to 30 % shortly) as we all know.....thus the price is kept low to attract more subscriptions....Infact TS would earn more in this.....as generally the rs.75 is divided equally among DTH provider nd the distributor.. SO TS wud have got only 37.50 rs. generally :readtherules: .....bt here both the dth nd distributor are same.....so TS(Star/fox) wud earn an EXTRA RS. 13.5 per view....Optimization of costs theory applied here by ts....SMART:iplay:

From Friday 11th JuneKites @Rs.75 on showcase channel number 375 and 376EXclusive for Tata Sky subsrcibers (as shown in the showcase promo channel)

From Friday 11th June
Kites @Rs.75 on showcase channel number 375 and 376

EXclusive for Tata Sky subsrcibers (as shown in the showcase promo channel)

Complete waste...this movie will be premiering on colors on 27th june at 8 pm.just saw the promo on colors channel as well..which is just 2 weeks from now.i dont think ordering this movie on showcase for 75 bucks would be worth watching.

This could be the reason why only tata sky had agreed to showcase this movie on dth and hence it has become exclusive to tata sky as other dth companies know that this movie would be aired on colors.

Hi all,As the original thread starter in 2007( I think ) it is still felt that showcase remains, perhaps, the most disappointing feature of Tata Sky. In quality of service and delivery I have no issues. In fact I upgraded to the mega pack about 4 months back that allows 12 free movies. Believe me, I still have 11 free movies to watch in the remaining 8 months. And I have all the time on my hands.Let me start by saying that the PLANTED questions of the management thru Gul Panag fools nobody. C'mon Mr. Kaushik, wake up and smell the coffee. We've already seen the telecom co's losing their market caps thru cutthroat competition--and the same cutthroat competition will start in DTH--in fact its already started and you will have only yourself to blame despite having the first mover advantage. Showcase( as the name suggests) should be your jewel in the crown, your magnet to the people who are presently fence sitters thinking of which service provider to subscribe to. Be a little more innovative and imaginative, if you have to make a mark in the DTH arena.Wishing you all the best.vkr1515.

Back