MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,683
@sanke1
After putting the 3G in the modem and then inserting the modem in the PC/laptop was any kind of software installed ?

After inserting the Modem I just need to open MDMA and enter the APN in it and then connect is this correct ? :)

In Win 7 what to choose this as home network or public network which is more safe :P ( on Lan connection it was home network )

Despite the fake claims that E353 is Plug and play 3G Modem which it ain't, I installed Mobile Partner V21 and that installed the drivers necessary for the functioning of this modem. As much as I hate that 2001 looking piece of $hit software, I have no alternatives.

Installing Mobile partner V21 is must. The drivers create a virtual wireless adapter which shows up in the network connections list just like a WiFi network. Click on connect button and it asks for APN and complete the wizard. But there is no option to auto reconnect in this kind of setup.
Once the drivers are installed E353 also shows up in MDMA (Mobile Partner should not be running) and you can connect by creating a dialup modem connection. I use this approach as there is redial if line is dropped option present. I then disable the Huawei network adapter in device manager. There is no need to have 2 different connections.

I choose Home Network. (Actually I click on any random option. Hasn't made any difference so far. Probably firewall can take a piss if you select Public Network)

just curious, has Vodafone deployed hsupa ?

Everyone has HSUPA except MTNL. There is no real use of HSUPA unless you are into torrenting. Uploading huge files is worthless on unreliable 3G connections.

@sanke1 thx again will let u know how it goes :)one doubt after connecting once through mobile partner. I just need to close mobile partner and disconnect and use MDMA ? Then never have to use Mobile partner again then ?

No need to connect using MP. Once your modem shows up in MDMA, enter your APN there and click on connect. (Entering your APN once in MDMA is important.) Then ignore address book error and in the wizard, select dial up connection.

Enter the connection name. Do not enter user name and password and create a connection.
Should look like this

This connection appears in Windows 7 connections list in taskbar.
Once that happens, you can right click on that connection and go to its properties.

There go to options tab and keep the settings like this.

Now you are good to go without using MDMA or MP.
If you click on disconnect , if MDMA is running, it will show you your remaining data.

Everyone has HSUPA except MTNL. There is no real use of HSUPA unless you are into torrenting. Uploading huge files is worthless on unreliable 3G connections.

What is HSUPA .What are its advantages for torrents?

EDIT-Also if my data in prepaid gets over befor 6 months then whom do i contact for the 800gb refill?

Situation seems to have improved in Andheri E.. Internet working..BUT!Roaming on BSNL as am on the road toward Gujrat.. network is VERY VERY Bad.. Doesn't MTNL roam on any other operator. I keep getting access denied for all the rest.

What is HSUPA .What are its advantages for torrents?

HSUPA

More upload speed means better seeding ratio which means torrent sites will love you more.

Situation seems to have improved in Andheri E.. Internet working..

BUT!

Roaming on BSNL as am on the road toward Gujrat.. network is VERY VERY Bad.. Doesn't MTNL roam on any other operator. I keep getting access denied for all the rest.

I tried in the morning, couldn't connect. Which area in Andheri E?

one more number in private group...
guys call them so that they understand the problems in network is in between andheri east Jogeshwari east

This person who called was knowing about BTS towers and was understanding the internet 3G signals seems to have problem.

----------

Link to group : https://broadband.forum/groups/mtnl-hsdpa-activation/

Back