MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,632
sanke1 .. just noticed that this month in 23 days u have consumed 20% of your total download of 720 gb...
so in last 7 years you have just used 80% of 720GB

----------

I still keep getting transaction failed on 4500 plan.
I was able to do a top up of Rs 500 yesterday.
Call center doesnt have any idea !

try with other credit card. if you dont have... call the bank and tell them that u consistantly get fail transactions on hdfc payment gateway of mtnl.
in any payment gateway you cannot do more that 3 transactions from one credit card in say 1 day.

I still keep getting transaction failed on 4500 plan.
I was able to do a top up of Rs 500 yesterday.
Call center doesnt have any idea !

Dude.. try a different ISP provider to recharge online as sometimes some site won't work with a particular ISO..
I use office one "Tata connection" for 4.5k recharge and went w.o any hiccups (use online bank transfer -Standard chartered if this helps ) .. Try and let us know

I sent the SMS ENQFREE to 444 and in return i got the message asDear Subscriber, Free promotions available in your account are Call=0, sms=0 video=0 data(kB) = 0 Does this mean HSDPA is active or not for me ??

sanke1 .. just noticed that this month in 23 days u have consumed 20% of your total download of 720 gb...
so in last 7 years you have just used 80% of 720GB

Yea surprising isn't it?
That is because of the 2 mbps night plan which I took last month.

The point is if MTNL starts providing 7.2 Mbps HSDPA, then we will easily cross 800 GB. Right now on 3.6 HSDPA, it will be a struggle. More speed, more usage.

this looks very hectic job to deal with mtnl mumbai to get this...it should be pre activated the hspda

I sent the SMS ENQFREE to 444 and in return i got the message as

Dear Subscriber, Free promotions available in your account are
Call=0,
sms=0
video=0
data(kB) = 0

Does this mean HSDPA is active or not for me ??

There is no other way to check if HSDPA is active on your sim card other than doing an actual speed test. If your speeds do not go above 0.4 Mbps, then HSDPA is not activated. Simple?

I sent the SMS ENQFREE to 444 and in return i got the message as

Dear Subscriber, Free promotions available in your account are
Call=0,
sms=0
video=0
data(kB) = 0

Does this mean HSDPA is active or not for me ??

are you using mtnl dongle+sim or using ordinary mtnl sim?
are you suing ordinary sim & activated hsdpa with payment of 449?
is your 449 deducted?
please answer this so that we can guess what is the problem.
Also post your speeds

^^I am using a normal SIM which i had got from MTNL 1 year back and the MTNL lady had told me that the SIM is pre activated for 3G. I found this SIM couple of days back only lying at my home. I did a speed test on BSNL network (as i am in Pune) and speeds were max 500 kbps. So i am guessing HSDPA is not active. Will test more and see.

HSDPA Activated (atleast money was deducted)..thanks Sanke1 ans popcorn for help... speed on apn: gprsppsmum still the same (350).should i be on a different apn?i am on ipad 2

Back