MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,633
@Popcorn: It will be great if you can send me the version you use. Currently I am using 15.x version of Mobile Partner and have also upgraded the firmware of my stick with the same.I will appreciate it if you can send me the flash files too. Please mail them to me at abhishekmsharma @ hotmail . com (without spaces).Thanks.

@Popcorn: It will be great if you send me the version of Mobile Partner you use. I am currently using v 15.x and have also upgraded the dongle firmware to the same version. So it will be good if you can send me the flash files too. Please send them to me at abhishekmsharma @ hotmail dot com (without spaces).Thanks

@Popcorn: That will be great. I am currently using v 15.x and have also upgraded my dongle's firmware. So can you also provide the flash files to me?
And please send them to abhishekmsharma @ hotmail . com (without spaces).

Thanks

----------

Oops, my current version of Mobile Partner is UTPS16.001.06.01.500. And I am also sorry for three similar posts, didn't know that my posts had to go through mod approval.

UTPS16.001.06.01.500 version seems to be fine. just check if you can used the ussd command *444# for balance. if yes then u have the right plugins...

which firmware u used for k3765 dongle?

why my color is green?

@Popcorn: Can you please explain me the complete process of unlocking and flashing K3765? I have unlocked it but after 7-8 failed attempts of running MTNL's SIM, I am beginning to think that the unlock could have been unsuccessful.

Mini Review of Huawei K4505 28 Mbps Usb HSPA+ Modem

Purchased this modem from eBay for Rs. 3300 free delivery. Unlocked but Vodafone branded. The delivery was fast.
Installation in OSX Lion was a breeze. Installed Mobile partner Italia Version 15 and it installed required drivers. I then changed the language to English.
The software is heavily branded with Vodafone. But in OSX, I can create a custom APN profile without launching the Mobile Partner software.
The V15 has a bad habit of not saving APN profiles in OSX Lion. So whenever I want to send a text to check data usage, it resets all my 3G settings.

Now the real deal: I firmly believe that K4505 holds signal better than my previous Huawei E169G. The longest time I got uninterrupted connection was 18 hrs which is an achievement while using MTNL 3G.
Download speed is constant 2.20 Mbps as expected. On an average, I still do get disconnected every 5-6 hrs even if there is full signal in my house all the time. The signal strength in diagnostics is always between -69 and -84 dbm which is excellent. (Lower the number, better the signal as it is a negative value)
Check auto reconnect option and you should be good to go. (Need to re check this option after launching Mobile Partner V 15 as it resets these settings at least in OSX)

There is a socket for adding external antenna which will boost it's performance once our 3G networks are upgraded.
This modem is 28 Mbps HSPA+. I believe here in India, we don't have any network with speeds exceeding 21 Mbps so this modem is quite future proof.

Looks wise, it feels solidly made and the LED circle around the Vodafone logo turns blue once connection is established. Looks very posh.

Installation in Windows 7 X64:
While installing drivers, I got a BSOD. That is because previous Huawei drivers refused to uninstall. But I did manage to install Mobile partner V 16 after a reboot/chkdisk and it worked like a dream.
Similar experience in Windows. It also runs on MDMA once you have drivers correctly installed.

Overall, I am quite pleased with this modem. Buy it if you can manage a good deal.

Alright then, I can finally use my MTNL sim on K3765 (special thanks to popcorn). Still cannot get Mobile Partner to detect the dongle, but I am using a dial-up connection and I am happy with it.Now I get a blue light, so I guess 3G is activated. My current balance is approx. Rs. 40 and someone said me that 3G gets deactivated automatically when balance reaches

Back