MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,623
too many operators are gonna spoil the air ! later RIL 4G will surely make a mess too , better stick with 1 operator , at present MTNL in my area is also shifting gears in between unnecessary , but i am assuming the latest tie-up mite help both state run operators ...

If I use MTNL 3G (Mumbai) and visit states like Gujarat, Karnataka, etc. then will I still get service? And what will be the speeds? Any extra charges?
Someone please reply urgently.

NO NEED to change APN ,
just keep ur mobile-network selection mode to manual & select CELLONE (BSNL) where ever u go !
& i have heard the BSNL has 10% faster speeds than MTNL ....

You guys still stuck on this failed 3G network?
If your usage is strictly for mobile browsing, switch over to Vodafone 3G. I get 14-15 Mbps speeds on their network. 8-9 Mbps most of the times. Plus better connectivity. The only con is the higher calling charges compared to MTNL.
I strongly hate Vodafone for their monopolistic practices (Not reducing 3G data prices even though Reliance did it) and devilish attitude. But still it is a superior service in every way and best for casual mobile browsing.
MTNL does not deserve our money for such shoddy service. No wonder their stocks go down and down.

prathameshj said:
NO NEED to change APN ,
just keep ur mobile-network selection mode to manual & select CELLONE (BSNL) where ever u go !
& i have heard the BSNL has 10% faster speeds than MTNL ....
My dad will be using it on a dongle for roaming. So how do I change the network mode to automatic?
This is the user-interface is this. I'm sure when I'm unable to find the settings (because I don't have the dongle right now!! ;)), I'm sure my dad would have trouble finding those options too.
Anyone knows how to keep it on automatic mode in Mobile Partner?

Or wait!!!! Is this it?

Vodafone is not so good at my place. It used to be good earlier, but now the speeds don't even touch 2mbit. Plus, the coverage isn't all too good. Certainly better than mtnl, but for roaming, no. Simply because they do not have the license in all circles.

Back