MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,626
I got a new MTNL connection due to this thread and look at the speeds I'm getting:

What a waste of money. I'd be happy even if I got 0.5 Mbps.
I'm in Chanakya Puri, New Delhi.
And yes, I've tested it multiple times and the speed is nearly always the same at my home :(
What to do?

The 'common' answer this group derived was - You need to be at least in the primary radius of MTNL 3G tower ....
Also i assume this is ur android smartphone ? if YES , stop all those background apps ur running , free-up the RAM memory , that improve the results.
I use a pocket 3g router of Micromax & use it to connect my laptop & BB , MTNL 3g works as a charm on that device *fingers crossed*

prathameshj said:
Also i assume this is ur android smartphone ? if YES , stop all those background apps ur running , free-up the RAM memory , that improve the results.
That's just a myth. Android doesn't use RAM the way a Windows PC does. I have the Note 2 and if that was true then why do I get 2.2 Mbps on average very early in the morning (4-5 AM)? Then it drops back to barely-usable speeds afterwards.

hmm , so that means there are many 3g users logging-on after a certain time , even there are places in mumbai where mobile network itself is not available.

Just wanted to update the situation. I think the issue was probably the local mobile tower. Speeds are averaging 1.5-2 mbps 24/7 now, for the most part. Torrenting via tethered connection was pretty slow (downloaded 10 GB - Oblivion movie in HD - at 50 KBps). So I downloaded tTorrent app to torrent directly from my Note 2 and the speeds have been amazing!

^^570 MB downloaded in about 50 minutes

667 ping was too much in the first place... if your ping is that high don't expect any good speed but as you said you changed the tower and all seems okay so all the best :D

Offtopic, can someone get me a MTNL Delhi 3G sim? I can pay for the charges and courier delivery as well. Also I just want it for data and not for calling purposes at all so no harm in using your documents. If interested in helping me, please pm. Thanks.

not saying a negative response. but honestly i don't think anyone would unless they know you in person...so try and see if you got some friends in mumbai or delhi...

Yes, I'm trying hard to get some contact in Delhi. Mumbai SIM won't be beneficial as the plan is not 200 GB for 1650. I already had Mumbai MTNL sim but now it's expired I think (not recharged from over 6 months).

Back