• Thread starter Thread starter Topweb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 17,640

Topweb

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Looks like MTNL launched some new 3G plans today. The plan that looks most interesting offers 6 months UL download for a rechage of Rs 4500 only. Looks like these plans have a soft cap of 200GB download per month. Which is much better than rip-off operators like Airtel.

Data Plans in 3G Prepaid and Post paid

*Initially a cap of 200 GB shall be placed, however if any customer exceeds the usage, the excess charges can be waived off.

Time to buy a 3G data card finally and say goodbye to Airtel ADSL connection at home. :thumb:

These plans were announced Yesterday. Here is the thread already mentioning the same. - MTNL 3G :rolleyes:

Anyways good news for MTNL users :yahoo:

BSNL aur MTNL ab to Pvt. Operators ki dukaan bandh karake hi rukenge :dance:

Wud this MTNL card, bought in Delhi, work in Mumbai?i.e. will unlimited scheme continue? then i may buy it.

Wud this MTNL card, bought in Delhi, work in Mumbai?

i.e. will unlimited scheme continue? then i may buy it.

Not only in mumbai but pan india. But I think you should wait for MTNL mumbai. They may launch this plan soon too :)
Well I am seeing the oppurtnity of exporting of sim cards to rest of india:tongue:

I dont know if u got my question right..will i be able to download unlimited even when roaming? or when roaming it will be charged 1Re/MB?its not mentioned on that page.. if it unlimited scheme will work anywhere in india

I called up MTNL CC to confirm the same and they said that you wont be charged. BTW, I am thinking of firing up the mail to top officials for the same. Lets see what happens

I am complete novice to 3G. Can somebody please spare some time to make me understand 1. How can I use MTNL 3G? 2. What will be the speed? 3. Do I need to have MTNL GSM connection to use 3G services? 4. Can I use it for my computer or is it for mobile phone usage only? 5. If I can use it on my computer than how can I do it?6. Do I need to have a land line connection (which I already have)?I am in Delhi, having MTNL broadband connection (849 - unlimited plan). Thanks in advance.

Oh well i tried calling MTNL 3g CC mumbai, and the thing is my aunty works in their call center - dont knw which department. When i called some aunty only picked up- you know their top class Call center filled with all retired people... I asked if mumbai has somethng similar 3g UL plan. She was so clueless wht i was talking about. Now i wonder if that was my aunty or not - so i hung up quietly.
Well i dont know why MTNL has a CC when they dont know most of the thing? And why do they have this english language option in their call center when all their exec speak is either Hindi or marathi??

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

I am complete novice to 3G. Can somebody please spare some time to make me understand
1. How can I use MTNL 3G?
2. What will be the speed?
3. Do I need to have MTNL GSM connection to use 3G services?
4. Can I use it for my computer or is it for mobile phone usage only?
5. If I can use it on my computer than how can I do it?
6. Do I need to have a land line connection (which I already have)?

I am in Delhi, having MTNL broadband connection (849 - unlimited plan).
Thanks in advance.

This got nothing to do with Landline. So dont worry about that.
for this you need their sim card- now it depends on you for what purpose you use this sim card - Either use it with 3g phone or for internet purpose for ur pc or laptop. Well for pc and laptop you have to buy this device called 3g USB sticks which is readily available in market or you can connect it with ur 3g enabled phones too. and speed depends on many factors. It would depend on the device as device comes with an upper limit like 3.6mbps or 7.2mbps or 21.1 mbps or in phones u also have 10.5mbps. other factor would be your connectivity, if many people are connected to 3g at the same time in your area then you might not get the best speed. Even your BTS should have that appropiate speed like 21mbps else if you buy a device with max speed of 21mbps and your provider(in this case MTNL) gives you a max speed of 3.6mbps then it would be a total waste. So check with MTNL about the max speed that they provide in 3g and buy a device accordinly. I hope i have cleared all your questions ?? :cool:

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

BTW
why is this under MTNL Broadband? It should be shifted to MTNL 3g jadoo?

Thank you so very much vibhuvw. Yes, that has cleared a lot of my questions. Thank you once again for taking time out and explaining it nicely and in detail.

Back