Mtnl 512 Combo is expensive? think again!!

• Thread starter Thread starter genexed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,255

genexed

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 512 combo unlm + TATA 1 Mbps UNLM
I have just changed my plan to 512 Combo. When the plan was launched many found it very very xpensive, but I dont really think so. With 512 combo I have to pay them 2000 Rs. But since its a combo plan I dont have to pay phone rental (hope so atleast) now so that saves my 250 rs and effectively I have to pay 1750. But also I get 500 free calls as compared to 60 on my current plan so difference is 440 calls which is worth Rs. 350. So effectively I have to (1750-350= Rs1400) for 512 kbps unlimited connection. Now Airtel costs around 1499 Rs. for same plan I know MTNL is not as good as Airtel but its not as expensive as ppl have calculated, atleast for those who already have MTNL telephone and are paying the rent. I had to call CC atleast 4 times to get my plan changed and couldnt coz their server was down. Everytime different person picked up the phone and none knew if there's any plan with 512kbs unlm speed exists. AMAZING!! . My plan will come in to effect on 1st June and i have got my fingure crossed to see speed and sync rate.

hmmm calculation is good but what if one doesn't need phone calls? anyway 2k is sans taxes or it's 2.24k with taxes?

ITS 2K+ TAXES...Infact + 50 Modem rental. Still not very expensive!! This will cut down my mobile bill a lot!

hmm..well am using 899combo with 100 calls free, if we go by ur calculation then 899- 250rs rent- 80rs for calls=575rs approx for a 256UL connection:Owell, there will be many people like me who dont need those 500 calls..we wwud be happy if MTNL gives 512UL for 1400Rs:)

when will these isps reduce thr price and improve thr service :wall:

MTNL has not reduced price from 2 and half yrs i.e. since 01.11.2005its now too much, year of broadband has come and gone but prices still remain the same!

year of broadband has come and gone but prices still remain the same!

MTNL still has some of the cheapest NU plans in India.
may private operators may not give as much speed or free usage as MTNl does for the same price

Airtel gives competetion to MTNL in delhi so MTNL delhi has cheaper rates than MTNL Mumbai.
If there was decent competition in Mumbai also, the rates would drop further
:redface:

Back