MTNL Broadband: 256/512 combo unlm - Billing Glitch while processing revised rates ?

• Thread starter Thread starter genexed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 14,324
even i got it for nearly a month before they downgraded me to 256 kbps..There is no gurantee that speed will stay..and regarding upgradation of speed im not sure since BSNL hasnt slashed his UL prices yet..they r still charging 750 bucks for 256 UL while MTNL has slashed it to 600 bucks..These ISP's are trying to reduce the plan charges and make it affordable to common man.Thats a good move but they need to put a little bit more effort to boost the speeds as well.Anyways like u pointed out, Broadband charged might see a dip once 3G gets launched in India ..anyways lets wait and see..Hope that we can see a 1 Mbps UL for 1000 bucks soon.

even i got it for nearly a month before they downgraded me to 256 kbps..There is no gurantee that speed will stay..and regarding upgradation of speed im not sure since BSNL hasnt slashed his UL prices yet..they r still charging 750 bucks for 256 UL while MTNL has slashed it to 600 bucks..These ISP's are trying to reduce the plan charges and make it affordable to common man.Thats a good move but they need to put a little bit more effort to boost the speeds as well.

Anyways like u pointed out, Broadband charged might see a dip once 3G gets launched in India ..anyways lets wait and see..Hope that we can see a 1 Mbps UL for 1000 bucks soon.
1mpbs @ 1000k
i don't wanna dream this :rofl:is this diwali gift from you :hysterical:

r u still gettin 2mbps speed eskay
Nope. They woke up around beginning of August before announcing new rates for 15 August:(

i guess i was being a bit optimistic..:P.anyways there is nothing wrong in hoping..afterall 1 mbps UL from airtel is 2222 only..so why cant MTNL provide it for around 1500 bucks at least..chances r there..

i guess i was being a bit optimistic..:P.anyways there is nothing wrong in hoping..afterall 1 mbps UL from airtel is 2222 only..so why cant MTNL provide it for around 1500 bucks at least..chances r there..
ya .....if they do this it will b really gud for every MTNL user :thumb:

you mean they'll slash the price of 512/256 kbps plan rate upto 40-60% :cool2: you have point, and this can be true thats why they reduced the price of 256kbps. now I just hope they give 512kbps @799 and 1mbps @1599.

not sure wheather they will slash the rates of 256 UL again..But they might surely bring down 512 UL and 1 Mbps UL rates down..512 UL at around 850 bucks seems like a decent deal..right now it's 1299 with 500 calls free..would have been gr8 if 512 UL for 799 wid no calls free..i don't really understand why they r offering 500 free calls, they would have better off offering UL internet at cheaper prices.

ya....without calls we can manage....hope they reduce unlimited rates..

I got the following reply frome xchange! so its official that u just pay the bill and amount will be credited in next bill.

Sir
Subs opted for combo plan in BB have been overbilled for the
month of Sep 2008 in billing cycles of oct 2008 due to some problem in
IT unit. this problem has been sorted out & decided to give automatic
credit in next bill who have paid the bills. some bills have also been
revised who have approached this office before payment.
Sorry for the inconvenience to the subs.
with best regards.

AVTAR SINGH
DGM(F),BCP

@abovethats good news..I was being charged 100 rs extra..so am in for some credit next time around.Hope MTNL doesnt make mistakes like this in the near future.;)

Back