MTNL Broadband: 2mbps for free on unlimited plans on sundays in April 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 540
  • Views Views 70,600
Status
Not open for further replies.
after a good night of constant 210 kBps, my speeds are back to 10 kBps, I too have the misfortune of living in the node of Nerul Exchange :|

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Does anyone notice, inspite of the crappy speeds and no matter what speedtest or utorrents tell us, Youtube streams flawlessly at 480p and sometimes at 720p too!

still getting 1.7 mbps constant. just tested.had stopped download in afternoon.

it will revert back to ur normal speed after first disconnection after 12AM.so best is to reconnect manually at 11:55PM.. so u will continue to get 2mbps till 5:55AM

it will revert back to ur normal speed after first disconnection after 12AM.

so best is to reconnect manually at 11:55PM.. so u will continue to get 2mbps till 5:55AM

It didn't help last time. I disconnected at 23:30 but my internet went down at 00:00 and connected by itself in 5 min with 1 mbps speed.

MTNL has some auto disconnect everyone setting at 00:00.

^ provided you have a connection that remains stable till 6hrs, lol, very few customes get such nice connection in MTNL

It didn't help last time. I disconnected at 23:30 but my internet went down at 00:00 and connected by itself in 5 min with 1 mbps speed.

MTNL has some auto disconnect everyone setting at 00:00.

never noticed disconnection at 00:00.... didnt check last time though. wont be trying today too...so not sure.

but if it doesnt disconnect at 00:00 then the trick shud work.

never noticed disconnection at 00:00.... didnt check last time though. wont be trying today too...so not sure.

but if it doesnt disconnect at 00:00 then the trick shud work.

ooh, mtnl is geting smarter,lol

its only if the bootstrap is updated. and ur modem has it preconfigured. try disabling the boot strapper , it might work !

Anyone knows whats MTNL bandwidth loss vis-à-vis the distance from the nearest DSLAM/Exchange?

I get a loss of 400kbps meaning 2048Kbps(synced/promised)-400(loss by distance/noise)= 1.6-1.7 Mbps(Actual)

Senior members can direct me to the link of the thread if it exists.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back