MTNL Broadband: 2mbps for free on unlimited plans on sundays in April 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 540
  • Views Views 70,595
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, i didnt expect MTNL to be that smart :D

Yes they are getting smarter and seems they implemented software based controll successfully.... hahaha Evil Smile

Still the same

When you complain, be ready to hear crap like 'Sab teek hai, you are getting more than 80% of promised speed'. I faced that in Sept '10. :wall::@

http://www.pingtest.net

current pingtest result :(

True! Lets see what they have to say

after a good night of constant 210 kBps, my speeds are back to 10 kBps, I too have the misfortune of living in the node of Nerul Exchange :|

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Does anyone notice, inspite of the crappy speeds and no matter what speedtest or utorrents tell us, Youtube streams flawlessly at 480p and sometimes at 720p too!

yeah Nerul exchange sucks more than sanpada and vashi

I sent following mail to them, and it worked,I wrote this First to Area Manager then to GM when Area Manager takes no steps neither he replied to my mail
Sir
I am using trib ul data 512-combo New broadband plan, as per this plan I am supposed to get is 1Mbps download and 512kbps upload speed but my download speed is far less than 1Mbps and upload speed too is far less than 512kbps. I had sent 4 mails to my Area Manager(included at the end of this mail) for the same but nothing happened and the complaint that I had registered on Monday via customer care portal had been close today by MTNL
*I am well aware of TRAI's guide line that says customer should get 80% of speed but that doesn't says that customer cant complaint if he gets only 80% of speed for 24x7x365 days. That guideline is subject to the network congestion but not subjected to the quality of connection.

I m just glad sunday is over and its back to normal for me !!! lolz i m starting to hate sundays thanks to mtnl !!!

Anyone else experiencing shit speeds? dead torrents or direct downloads, whereas Youtube/Metacafe streams flawlessly??A-holes messed it up big time..

Reverse is true in my case.Youtube is unusable.This is my speed test on a 512K like. Some one screwed bad:Dl: 221kUl: 391k

Happened to me around yesterday 1800 - 1815 hrs speeds are around 0.39 Mbps :wall: Speed has crashed from 0.51 Mbps to 0.39 Mbps. There has been no change in the sync rate, only the attenuation has REDUCED but my speed has crashed. have a feeling that its become policy to THROTTLE the speed to 80% :( . I am finding it difficult to post here as the page gives an error at least twice before I succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back