MTNL Broadband: 2mbps for free on unlimited plans on sundays in April 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 540
  • Views Views 70,595
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happened to me around yesterday 1800 - 1815 hrs speeds are around 0.39 Mbps :wall: Speed has crashed from 0.51 Mbps to 0.39 Mbps. There has been no change in the sync rate, only the attenuation has REDUCED but my speed has crashed. have a feeling that its become policy to THROTTLE the speed to 80% :( . I am finding it difficult to post here as the page gives an error at least twice before I succeed.
i had a horrible time on sunday.since monday i m getting perfect speed 1.01Mbps for downloads.

Yes They are THROTTLING the speed

MTNL don't be Gay keep this on and you will loose lots of customer :):yahoo:

On web browser while downloading i get speed like 10 to 20 KB/s but putting same
link to my Flashget (10 simultaneous connection) i get around 90 to 100 KB/s

Those mofo need to do something at there end.

And i am talking about premium download link :xD

They are not throttling anything. I was at Prabhadevi telephone exchange for some work and I casually asked a guy why is everyone getting poor speeds and disconnections. He said that is because they are carrying out heavy maintenance and upgrading their systems (Which is true and I believe him). He said such work would have gone unnoticed but since there are many customers on unlimited plans, server with partial capacity cannot bear all the load. Currently they are having 2 systems. Ericsson and Alcatel. Ericsson system gives maximum problems. Customers connected to it constantly complain about disconnection and low speeds. Alcatel is stable and fast.Hope this helps.

@sanke1 Thanks for the updates, I can believe it, esp the part about Ericsson, as I am on it. In fact before I was asked to go to the NOC the person I was with had a strange reaction when I was introduced to him as so & so on Ericsson, my name & tel no. came later :). Now your explanation brought back that memory. I wonder what they are doing to solve it.Actually I was thinking of going to the exchange to meet the ED to ask him this same question and then writing a letter to TRAI as well as the minister looking after this ministry as the new Telecom policy is being framed. And there is supposed to be a focus on increasing Broadband connectivity in this country. I think feedback from users is a must.Real bad timing by the ED to announce the Funday BS on 1st April (or is it good timing) :D. All UL plan customer not synced to 2mbps & this maintenance because of which their system can't take the load.(reason given in post #204) :hysterical:

They are not throttling anything. I was at Prabhadevi telephone exchange for some work and I casually asked a guy why is everyone getting poor speeds and disconnections. He said that is because they are carrying out heavy maintenance and upgrading their systems (Which is true and I believe him). He said such work would have gone unnoticed but since there are many customers on unlimited plans, server with partial capacity cannot bear all the load. Currently they are having 2 systems. Ericsson and Alcatel. Ericsson system gives maximum problems. Customers connected to it constantly complain about disconnection and low speeds. Alcatel is stable and fast.

Hope this helps.

Any idea when they'll finish upgrading?

Any idea when they'll finish upgrading?

It will be done when it's done!

These babus themselves had no clue. So your guess is as good as mine. :)

Ha, and then they decide to launch schemes like Sunday Funday, while maintenance is going on! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back