MTNL Broadband: 2mbps for free on unlimited plans on sundays in April 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 540
  • Views Views 70,594
Status
Not open for further replies.
today finally paid a visit to the BB dept. got them to increase my upload speed to 512Kbps from a horrible 180K. also told em the crap that we all have been facing on sundays. at first he was like ' how come u r speed reduces when we double it ?? !!! he was totally bewildered !. then i told him that i ain't the only one told him abt all u guys as well. he's directed the 'server room guys'( for lack of a better word ) to check for the problems immediately for the prabhadevi xchange. have requested him to fwd the complaint to the nerul, sanpada xchange coz i remembr seeing some guys talking abt problems there as well. he's promised this sunday there won't be any problems for prabhadevi xchange .
here's my new stats. i m just hoping i won't have to pay a visit once again.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/1250191870.png
On a unrelated note saw the google street view car @ Bandra today.

today finally paid a visit to the BB dept. got them to increase my upload speed to 512Kbps from a horrible 180K. also told em the crap that we all have been facing on sundays. at first he was like ' how come u r speed reduces when we double it ?? !!! he was totally bewildered !. then i told him that i ain't the only one told him abt all u guys as well. he's directed the 'server room guys'( for lack of a better word ) to check for the problems immediately for the prabhadevi xchange. have requested him to fwd the complaint to the nerul, sanpada xchange coz i remembr seeing some guys talking abt problems there as well. he's promised this sunday there won't be any problems for prabhadevi xchange .

Those people are called backbone/node/backhual support.

Anyways hope they were capable and knowledgeable to rectify your and our problems, apparently they should provide reimbursement for taxi/auto fares through their billing system because that is also pretty much crap* !!

regards

Those people are called backbone/node/backhual support.

Anyways hope they were capable and knowledgeable to rectify your and our problems, apparently they should provide reimbursement for taxi/auto fares through their billing system because that is also pretty much crap* !!

regards
yeah the ppl in BB dept are quite knowledgeable. I have met them directly in the past as well and they have sorted out my problems every time. they r the only ppl in the entire damn building with whom u can talk networking stuff and they actually understand !! lolz

Nice mate...Atleast u made them know what problem we all face on Sundays.

I totally agree with you. It seems the internal systems of communications in this company is not like most others, :iomg:everything here happens on tel communications, email is read/understood only at higher levels, :Oso nothing like a visit to solve your problems. Of course staying close to the exchange helps :D

Can anyone please give me the email address for GM/DGM MTNL, I have had it. Its been almost a month since I be facing fluctuations in speed, I ain't paying 1500 pm for this..thanks

This is my speed test on a 512K like. Some one screwed bad:
Dl: 221k
Ul: 391k

I'm facing the same problem.
DL speed lower than UL speed.

On a side note I really like how the following is worded on the tariff page
"DSL_Unlimited_3999 has been upgraded to DSL_Unlimited_4999"

Where is the question of upgrading when only the price has been increased.
And its an insane price to pay for 2Mbps speed!!!:O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back