MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,075
I just talked with the server guy and apparently they do not have 12/4 Mbps profile for static IP series on SOTL. So he gave 16/4 profile and the ADSL light kept blinking like no tomorrow lol. So back to 8/2 at my office.

He said he will try to create 10/2 profile if he gets some superiors to do it with their access rights. Overall helpful guy who knew that profile speed does not equal to actual speed.

The server guys are actually knowledgeable and also know why there is idiotic interleaving on our lines. Old policies from 2005 which have not been updated to today's standards. Guess interleaving must be slightly helping to curb CRC error problem on bad lines.

Good stuff.

sanke1 said:
I just talked with the server guy and apparently they do not have 12/4 Mbps profile for static IP series on SOTL. So he gave 16/4 profile and the ADSL light kept blinking like no tomorrow lol. So back to 8/2 at my office.

He said he will try to create 10/2 profile if he gets some superiors to do it with their access rights. Overall helpful guy who knew that profile speed does not equal to actual speed.

The server guys are actually knowledgeable and also know why there is idiotic interleaving on our lines. Old policies from 2005 which have not been updated to today's standards. Guess interleaving must be slightly helping to curb CRC error problem on bad lines.

Good stuff.
Why not write to the ED. I was told he is an IIT guy, he might make idiots lower down see some sense :D

I have a feeling that in addition to a very weak signal, my internal wiring (and inside the room wiring) might be affecting my ADSL stats.
With the DSL-2750U, there is an attenuation of 37.5 dB when run naked, vs 42 dB when run through a new splitter (used as a filter). If I connect a phone up to the splitter as well, then sync drops. However, the old Beetel 110TC1 manages to sync with the splitter properly.
The telephone wires I'm using from wall to splitter and onwards are pretty long, and only about

I installed a new wire internally bypassing all parallel connections and my attenuation dropped a little and SNR tripled.

Wait.... lemme guess...... Either he got a special speed profile created for him on SOTL...... OR .... They r giving him Fiber Optic line....... :playful:

YESS...... I was dead right..... :peaceful:

Back