MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,069
Demand port change to SOTL or keep waiting forever for them to fix Alcatel server lol.

No DNS of the world can help you. Even if you do some DNS jholjhal on desktop pc, the wifi devices will still struggle.

^ it allows me to set the desktop as the primary and serve requests to it. so the wifi ones get the dns requests from the desktop :D
the desktop is on 24x7 so no issues there.
Agreed a user shouldn't need to do this but the entire problem is gone this way without dealing with mtnl.

kartoonz said:
usage page still down, sent mail and posted on mtnl's facebaook page
Really getting annoying now , its down since last saturday :( , .. Now I have no clue how much I have used up (I dont have any data usage monitoring app)
Already mailed selfcare & helpdesk

rohitkpatil said:
Its not working on my VDSL plan.
Your username is phone@a ??.... mine is.
yeah mine is @..
i get till here

the usage was visible till last week.. now i get a blank page after clicking on usage.

kickass said:
^ it works fine on vdsl
kickass said:
yeah mine is @..
i get till here

the usage wa visible till last week.. now i get a blank page after clicking on usage.
That's what everyone is talking about. :tongue:

Still blank page here as well. But I bet our data is being counted as we type.

sanke1 said:
That's what everyone is talking about. :tongue:

Still blank page here as well. But I bet our data is being counted as we type.
i have no doubt its being counted lol... i just check the net wan usage on my Asus router.. those numbers are quite near what mtnl's page shows so not totally blind.
i am hoping nothing has gone wrong with their backend or we all are gonna end up with some totally wild usage numbers here :D and next thing you knw we are on 1mbps for the rest of the month!

Net WAN usage on your Asus probably takes up more processing power and RAM. Do the stats remain despite a router restart by any chance? I haven't enabled it as I was afraid of instability of the router.

Back