MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,069
Currently no options. I'm surprised that in this day & age they're running a copper cable for 3+ kms instead of fibre. They could use fibre for the general area.

Exchanges are connected by fibre. That's that.
I stay 300 mts from Prabhadevi telephone exchange (walking), yet they refuse to give me fibre.

sanke1 said:
I stay 300 mts from Prabhadevi telephone exchange (walking), yet they refuse to give me fibre.
In my last visit to the exchange, the SDE for my area admitted that my colony is less then 100 meters from two roads/location where they have FOC but was v quiet when I asked why its not given to all big colonies in theh area, I even suggested that they can remove the copper cables & sell it as scrap, which would provide them with a huge value which could finance the whole operation. :( :pissed-off: :poop:

sanke1 said:

I thought you were on fibre already?

Guys, correct me if i am wrong.
The slow speeds, fluctuations happnening with me when i restarted my modem with my connected wifi router, i feel the wifi congestion is the culprit. Here around me, there are 4-5 other wifi networks. My TP-Link wifi router, although is on Auto mode, doing its best to choose channel automatically with 20/40 Mhz width option, still not doing best.
I mean once it is connected / synced to my Mac when less WiFi active around me , then it works great. even after other wifi networks appear later.
But if many Wifi networks around me are active, and if i restart my wifi router, then i face this issue. Because i guess it can not get the optimum sync back again having those wifi signals around.
Cause yeasterday i checked speed on my PS3, which is connected with Wired LAN cable, and i got full speed all the time.
Do you think i am making sense here ? or not??

Regarding this you should also consider the chance of interference of other devices that use the same 2.4 GHz band like microwave ovens & cordless phones esp those which claim to be Hi power ones as they have longer range.

Yup, cordless suffers interference when i am using full bandwidth and the handset unit is far from base unit. But i do not experience any loss of speed due to cordless 2.4 Ghz phone.

MTNL replied

Dear Customer,

Due to software problem usage information is not available in
register.mtnl.net.in>
usage till date is 25.02 GB inconvience regretted

Thanks
Internet Helpdesk
MTNL, Mumbai

Another update to the view usage problem:

Dear Customer,

Work in progress, it will take 2 days approx

Thanks