MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,069
kickass said:
i have no doubt its being counted lol... i just check the net wan usage on my Asus router.. those numbers are quite near what mtnl's page shows so not totally blind.
i am hoping nothing has gone wrong with their backend or we all are gonna end up with some totally wild usage numbers here :D and next thing you knw we are on 1mbps for the rest of the month!
I would be on 1.5 Mbps
But it's still very good on SOTL.

enkay said:
Net WAN usage on your Asus probably takes up more processing power and RAM. Do the stats remain despite a router restart by any chance? I haven't enabled it as I was afraid of instability of the router.
yup the stats remain after a reboot... i m using dd-wrt. the avg cpu load is 7% & 71% free ram.so not much issues on tht front.

kickass said:
yup the stats remain after a reboot... i m using dd-wrt. the avg cpu load is 7% & 71% free ram.so not much issues on tht front.
Yes dd-wrt here as well. WAN Traffic Counter works quite well. Any idea how to reset traffic counter at the end of billing cycle?

Speed fluctuations are back. Speed goes down up to 2 mbps and again up full 10 mbps.
Some youtube videos play full 1080p without stopping....some can not.
What about you people ?

enkay said:
Yes dd-wrt here as well. WAN Traffic Counter works quite well. Any idea how to reset traffic counter at the end of billing cycle?
it shows a per month usage. no need to specifically reset. below there are buttons for prev mnth/next month. so you can load past data too if u need it.

sanke1 said:
No problems here.
It was working fine, and i just restarted the modem. Thats it. Then Speed started fluctuating. Then checked for 1 hour to see if speed increases / stabilises or not. No luck. On MTNL speedtest page 5 mbps, speedtest.net full 10 mbps, but still actual file download etc 2mbps to 5mbps only, Some youtube full hd videos work, some don't.
Then again, switched off the modem, waited for 30 mins to switch it on again. Now, i am getting 10 mbps on MTNL speedtest, speedtest.net full 10 mbps, but actual file download , still the same 2mbps to 5mbps. Youtube full hd..again hit and miss

Further update to my line:
Did a test in the society junction box and SNR is more or less the same as what I got at home. About 3-4 db improvement in attenuation. Asked him to change the wire pair from the road box to society. No improvement even after that. So I'm guessing for a wire distance of 3.1 KM, SNR of 6-7 is normal.

enkay said:
Further update to my line:
Did a test in the society junction box and SNR is more or less the same as what I got at home. About 3-4 db improvement in attenuation. Asked him to change the wire pair from the road box to society. No improvement even after that. So I'm guessing for a wire distance of 3.1 KM, SNR of 6-7 is normal.
3.1 km is too far mate. Be happy with whatever speed you get with MTNL or move to Hathway if possible.

I am having zero issues with speed or YouTube. Again I guess the affected guys are on Alcraptel server?

Back