MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,069
Yes, usage page working finally.
Although I have given up with my line stats now (and consequent disconnections), there is one weird thing I noticed - my SNR fluctuates during the course of a day quite a lot.
Morning - starts off at 9-11, then drops to 6.1-6.3 in the middle of the day, and after about 10 PM, shoots up to 16-18. Online forum posts say that at night, it is normal for the SNR Margin to drop, and fluctuations of 2-3 dB during the day are normal. Obviously these fluctuations are much more. I hardly doubt anyone around here is using a HF radio to cause that much of an interference.
Any ideas that can be tested?

My SNR is 27dB in the morning...... drops to 23dB ...... then 27dB again at night....
@enkay
r u back on 2Mbps?? ...... I think having 8Mbps on 3km+ distance might be the main problem...

PanZeR008 said:
My SNR is 27dB in the morning...... drops to 23dB ...... then 27dB again at night....
@enkay
r u back on 2Mbps?? ...... I think having 8Mbps on 3km+ distance might be the main problem...
No, still on 8 Mbps. Don't want to go back to 2. In spite of the disconnections, I get a night time speed of 7 Mbps download with almost no CRCs - I see that part as a bonus.

anybody experiencing speed fluctuations ? While downloading the file...it goes up and down..1.1 mbps..slowly down to 500-600 kbps ..again up to 1.1 mbps...again down.

rohitkpatil said:
anybody experiencing speed fluctuations ? While downloading the file...it goes up and down..1.1 mbps..slowly down to 500-600 kbps ..again up to 1.1 mbps...again down.
No. Downloading furiously here at constant speed of 960 kBps on 8 Mbps plan.
If the download server is located far away then it is possible to get speed fluctuations. Try downloading using some download accelerator like Westbyte's IDA.

Whats up with the speed after FUP....that is really slow, they promised 512kbps but heck it isnt even crossing 435 kbps (bits).....every one having same problem....?

striker4540 said:
Whats up with the speed after FUP....that is really slow, they promised 512kbps but heck it isnt even crossing 435 kbps (bits).....every one having same problem....?
On 120.xx the post FUP speed is excellent. Getting exactly 1.5 Mbps as I am supposed to.

I hit FUP yesterday...... on 1690 plan with 59.182.x.x ...... DL speed has been consistent arnd 55KBps....... all websites opening perfectly..... no timouts.....
Speedtest reports exactly 0.50 Mbps speed.....

Back