MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,069
^ @ enkay : Does your modem have G.Lite modulation ? If I use that (normally I dont) , my downstream rate syncs at about 5098 & my pings improve a lot . ping to google is 12-18 ms with ADSL2+ , but 6 ms with G.Lite.
Nothing like a 'solution' to your problem but you might want to try for stability ;-)

@enkay

My uncle also gets 6-7 dB SNR but still always gets 10Hrs sessions since he is 1km frm xchg.....
So ur 3km+ distance is probably the cause for instability....
Should lower speed profile.... Try 6Mbps if available or 4Mbps should do it....

enkay said:
Bringing down the speed profile from 8192 kbps to 6144 - might lend more stability to the line?
Are speed profile changes still with 12540?
Yes bring down profile speed will make your line more stable.
Here it's all right.

Still 10 hr sessions. Is anyone getting 20 hr ?

@ Sanke1 : If I understand correct , the modem downstream power is usually 0 & more so when closer to exchange .. Just wondering how come yours is not zero ? :numbness:

Narendra said:
@ Sanke1 : If I understand correct , the modem downstream power is usually 0 & more so when closer to exchange .. Just wondering how come yours is not zero ? :numbness:
I believe that the power in dB should be more if you have a good line and are closer to exchange.

On a different note, MTNL has set different interleaving and different delay in milliseconds (ms) for various ADSL modulations. That's why we get different pings on G.dmt and AnnexM. I don't mind slight delay in few ms as long as I get the speed. I get 4 ms delay at home and 6 ms delay at office. On VDSL there is no interleaving and 0 ms delay. Some modems like newer D-links show the delay under statistics. If you are lucky to have 0 ms delay, some modems show that as "fast path" or simply "fast"

Yep. Still getting 20hour sessions. Current session @ 12 hours and going strong :p

Back