MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,069
^^
I know.... but was delaying switching since it was working so well since last month......
Anyways back to normal again..... for now.......

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3435681895

^^
Vodafone always seems to giv me higher ping...... but thts ok...... am getting 9ms on Reliance Jio Infocom..... and 6-7ms to MTNL DNS & Google.....

16 days and not a single disconnection or re-sync here. Not a single timeout as well. Kudos to MTNL. getting 8 Mbps as promised.
Hows the custom profiles working out for you guys?

HI gurus,
Facing yet another problem.I have 8Mbps plan and it is working fine.But the catch is the download speed.When I test my speed on speed test or mtnl site it shows the speed I am supposed to get,But when it comes to downloading from any of the sites say file server sites or anything like that,My speed sucks terribly.I mean I get around 34-35kbps. So in short my surfing speed is fast but downloading speed is very poor.Please Please Please help me guys..This is really frustrating..I just don't know what to do.
Regards,
Siddhesh

Download a simple file like google chrome offline setup. If you still do not get around 800 kBps on it, then you have a problem. Try using a download accelerator like IDA, IDM and then see. Sometimes servers you are downloading from are severely capped. Especially the ones which host movies or whatever.

Back