MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,068
Thank you sanke1. I might push her up to ADSL2+ and see if that works. Annex M is a far fetched dream still on this modem.

Hi all,
Big thanks to all those who have posted in this thread as i learnt a lot going through this entire thread! :pride:
I've subscribed to this plan recently and have to call 12540 to get speed profile updated. The line just got activated yesterday. I stay within 1 km so hoping to get at least 7 Mbps.
I'm posting my modem stats here( D-Link 2750U) . Please let me know if these stats are good enough for the 8 Mbps connection?
http://
Also can anyone tell me what are the ideal limits for Attenuation and SNR ?

Sorry.. I had uploaded to imgur but didn't use the correct link to embed in the post.
Here is the stats before i upgraded to 8Mbps

Also Called up 12540 in the mean time and that guy upgraded my speed profile too. Getting 7 Mbps / 1.95 Mbps abd ping of 15ms through speed test.
The stats after upgrading the speed are as below.

Looks good. Snr of 11 is marginally decent. See if you notice disconnections. Else, all is well.

What x720 said. I believe you have a line problem since you live within 1km from exchange. Your attainable speed should be 20 Mbps or similar. But on this 8/2 profile if there are no disconnections, then keep it.

I bet you are on 182.56 IP series as your interleave depth is 1 and you are on fast line. If there are no timeouts while browsing, you will have a very good experience. Provided MTNL has fixed the New Alcatel server.

Thanks guys..
I think i'm on the 120.xx series as when i run Speedtest it shows my External IP as 120.61.xx.xxx . I'm assuming that this is the right way .. else let me know how do i check it.
Haven't noticed any timeout yet and had only 1 disconnect yesterday. Had 4 sessions of 10 hrs since Monday afternoon but they were at the 2 mbps speed profile.
Will check tomorrow how the sessions have been today.
If there are disconnect issues i'll get the line inside the house checked as its a rented apt ..
Thanks again

dinesh2683 said:
Thanks guys..
I think i'm on the 120.xx series as when i run Speedtest it shows my External IP as 120.61.xx.xxx . I'm assuming that this is the right way .. else let me know how do i check it.
Haven't noticed any timeout yet and had only 1 disconnect yesterday. Had 4 sessions of 10 hrs since Monday afternoon but they were at the 2 mbps speed profile.
Will check tomorrow how the sessions have been today.
If there are disconnect issues i'll get the line inside the house checked as its a rented apt ..
Thanks again
Hey have you upgraded firmware of your router??..coz i too have D-Link dsl 2750 u..bt it does not displays anything apart from sync rate..no snr no line attenuation..moreover in advanced option under adsl..i checked only adsl2+ & Annex M..but still m gettin sync rate of 8191kbps (down) n 1133 kbps(up)..i crosschecked with my TP-Link router..which gives me 8192kbps n 2043kbps..as sync rate..dunno whats wrong with d link router..

Back