MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,062
yup same error here. must be some weekend maintainance. atleast its the begining of the month so no need to worry abt hitting the fup ;)

Port Speeds in place so data is getting counted.

I am looking to get the 8 Mbps MTNL broadband. My line stats are
Mode: ADSL_2plus
Traffic Type: ATM
Link Power State: L0

Downstream Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis): On On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB): 130 991
Attenuation (0.1 dB): 255 168
Output Power (0.1 dBm): 190 124
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 8,292 1,226

Do you think my SNR is good enough. I live about 1.2km from the exchange.

^^^
I dont think those stats will support 8Mbps....... coz as soon as u switch to 8Mbps ur SNR will drop frm 13dB to 4-5dB...... which will mean endless disconnections......
Also ur Attainable Rate is 8292kbps on 13dB SNR...... which will drop when tht SNR goes down to 5dB....... so u wont get full 8Mbps benefits......
Need to fix tht line....... get better router and splitter too if ur using mtnl router....... and then chk the stats.......
I live 1.1km frm xchg...... with 25-27dB SNR & 21000Kbps Max Rate...... So u can get better than ur currect stats with some fixes....

Hey Guys..
I'm facing the same issue. After the speed profile got upgraded from 2Mbps to 8Mbps , the SNR came down significantly.
The sessions are not stable and some sessions are for 2 or 3 minutes only.
How can i improve the SNR?
The Modem is D-Link 2750U purchased less than a month back, using the new splitter and new telephone wires from the jack to the splitter and from splitter to modem. I'm not using any Cordless phone at home.
What else can be done?

1. Try g.dmt modulation
2. Bring your profile speed down in steps - 6 Mbps, 5 Mbps (by calling up MTNL) and see what speed gives you an acceptable stability. I found mine to be ok with 6 Mbps.

Back