MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,050
Yep. Apply online. It'll get changed in a day. selfcare.mtnl.in

Visit register.mtnl.net.in to check if plan has been changed.

Once plan has been changed, check line stats, if its 8mbit, cool, else call 12540 And ask them to increase line rate to 8mbps.

If they connection isn't stable, you'll have to go back to your 2mbps plan.

Thanks, this was super easy!
I'm still worried about the upload speed though, because when I upgraded from dsl1599 to xpress combo, they mentioned upload rate is now 752kbps, but my dsl modem settings still show im 502kbps and the real speed is barely 400kbps, hope this is up'ed to 2048kbps if they change the plan.
Best and will keep you guys updated asap something happens :)

Looks alright. Though increasing line rate will cause snr to fall. In any case, monitor the connection after the plan is changed.

hehe 2 decades ago, what more could someone demand from dial-up than a 128k connection and now with dsl which is a decade old technology, what more can a person demand than 2 to 8 mbps, next step is fiber and satellite dish if we need more. But I still like that my internet comes from my phone, it's still reliable because the phone doesn't go dead everyday like the bloody cablewalla internet (that was a nightmare and depression working with them) :)

I'm getting terrible speed right now. Between 1 and 2MBPS. FUP is not used up.

Where can I complain? The email didn't reply yet. 1500/1504 are pretty unresponsive. They don't do anything about it.

x720 said:
Looks alright. Though increasing line rate will cause snr to fall. In any case, monitor the connection after the plan is changed.
I was reading extensively about SNR and attenuation, If its not stable at 8mbps down and 2mbps up, I'll try to call the number you mentioned and change the profile to 5mbps down and 1.5mbps up, if that can improve stability. Still better than 1.6mbps down and 0.40 mbps up. :)
Because say with 8mbps down and 2mbps up i'm getting 10 SNR and instability, why not make it a bit more than half the speed, maybe that should double the SNR to 20ish and give me stability.

Back