MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,037
x720 said:
Hmm.

@Sanke1

If you're still around. Are you facing issues on YouTube too?

@heeemz

What speed does it shown in the task manager when streaming 720p YouTube?
I am using it via Samsung tab, how do I check YouTube speed in my tab?

BTW - I got dlink2750u modem/router. Have done spoke basic settings for mtnl to work and 3g dongle as backup, are there any specific settings to be done for stability and performance of mtnl 8mb Plan?

interestingly, with modem replacement - snr and values are looking too good to be true. 165 and 75 snr, 320 and 155 attenuation. With old mtnl modem, it used to be 22 and 16 snr, 34 and 18 attenuation. Has any one seen this sort of change? Looks too good to be true...

You need to multiply your new SNR values by 0.1 to compare them to old. I'd say that hasn't changed too much.
No specific settings with these SNR values. You need to tweak only if the connection isn't stable. Right now, this looks ok.

Adis_chill said:
What about Erricson & new Alcatel people?? R u facing same issue??
Yup...... on Ericsson..... am having problems with only YouTube...... max speed I get is 60-70KBps.......
But I use free VPN's.... using PPTP protocol...... so get full 800+KBps on YouTube...... But hav to connect to a free VPN evertime I want to watch on YouTube...... Anyways it only takes few secs...
I dont know why some users r getting full speeds on YouTube and some just keep buffering......

Are both 59.x gateways Ericsson. Afaik, one is old Alcatel.

Working fine here on 59.x.

@x720
ur on 59.184.x.x........ am on 59.182.x.x ...... so slightly differs.....
59.182.x.x is also Ericsson.... I know this coz the Broadband head at my xchg told me when moving me frm 2Mbps to 8Mbps speed profile......

Guys need your help. Im from Mumbai and have subscribed to the MTNL 8mbps plan. Since last month or so, I've been getting random DCs during the day. The internet light on the router sometimes becomes stable. And my SNR reading is 7 with line attenuation of 30. What to do?

Hi Dharam,
Try this,
a- upgrade to a better modem like D-Link, TP-Link or so
b- reduce your speed profile from 8mbps to 5mbps or so to get the snr up
c- try the line bonding option for 4000 inr
if all fails, switch to 2mbps plans.
More xdsl may know

Hi Guys,
This weekend, I deliberately downloaded a lot to hit FUP. (One of them was wolfenstien the new order, about 50gb big)
And so now this is my post FUP speed.
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3578560112
What I'm happy and proud about is my upload speed after FUP, it's still like 1mbits around approx.
In the past two years I've never got out of 0.40mbits and it sucks when my clients need a remote assistance and to do file uploads.

Back