MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,030
PanZeR008 said:
But I use free VPN's.... using PPTP protocol...... so get full 800+KBps on YouTube...... But hav to connect to a free VPN evertime I want to watch on YouTube...... Anyways it only takes few secs...

can you provide more insight on how do use vpn to connect to YouTube? Is it something like using thin client?

Just search on Google...... "Free PPTP VPN"....... tons of them r available........ with unlimited bandwidth.....
Almost all of them hav the "How to Setup PPTP VPN" tutorial..... All tutorials r the same & easy..... For ex. PPTP VPN Tutorial for Windows 7
The best thing abt this is..... tht u dont need to install any client/software.....
Just the server / usrname / pwd is required ........ pwds will chg after a few days, so u need to visit the website for the new pwd......
Once u hav setup thru the tutorial.... it hardly takes a couple of secs to connect to the VPN.... and start watching on YouTube......
Beware: Some routers might hav PPTP ports blocked....... mine was..... and it took me a while to find out why it wasnt connecting to any VPN....... so "Enable" "PPTP Pass-Through" in ur router..... Mine was under.... Network >> ALG Settings >> VPN

I have a MTNL 8MBPS ADSL connection and I am adding hathway connection as well. The idea is not to use them as primary and secondary but use both of them simultaneously for different set of devices.

I am planning to set things up as below, let me know if this works and any suggestions ---
 MTNL and Hathway terminates to their own modem/routers.
 Connect both of these modem to a router (Netgear / D-Link etc..). Is there any such router available which can integrate two ISP in to one router but create two separate Wi-Fi network for each one of them? This way end users will connect to their respective Wi-Fi Network only, and in turn using respective ISP connection.
 This is for my office and since router may not cater to entire area, I plan to use signal boosters.
 The idea is not too clutter too many devices but using single set of devices, have two ISP connection and create two separate Wi-Fi network to be used by two separate department.

Any suggestions?

i don't think its possible to integrate two ISP's to one wifi router and create separate networks. best option is to buy a second wifi router and connect other ISP to it.
you can connect two ISP's to one router (Asus RT AC-68U) but only for load balancing and stability. This is important if you have to absolutely be online 24/7.
this asus router is very high end and it can convert one of its ethernet port to WAN port where you can connect another ISP. but it won't create two networks for different ISP's.
Even i have two ISP's. i am using two wifi routers.
best option is to buy another wifi router.

Actually it's quite possible using separate VLan e.g. One router say Mtnl router providing 192.168.1.x addresses and the other Hathaway providing 192.168.2.x . Clients would be required to have static ip from 1st or 2nd Vlan as per the requirements/load. Then you can hook a lan cable to a port on the router serving WiFi.

I have a D-Link 2750u which is a basic adsl router for Bsnl. I now have a WISP connection which has it's own device on roof handling login etc and providing lan ip on range 192.168.1.x. While had bsnl connection handled by this same router but I configured it's lan setting to provide 192.168.2.x addresses. This way I could get WISP serving my pc while bsnl serving the mobiles from 1 single router and in case one goes down just change the ip to the second vlan.

x720 said:
Is the connection stable? What are the line stats?
My router D-Link 2750u only gives me this report for Diagnosis:
TEST THE CONNECTION TO YOUR LOCAL NETWORK
Test your LAN 1 Connection FAIL
Test your LAN 2 Connection FAIL
Test your LAN 3 Connection FAIL
Test your LAN 4 Connection FAIL
Test your Wireless Connection PASS
TEST THE CONNECTION TO YOUR DSL SERVICE PROVIDER
Test ADSL Synchronization PASS
Test ATM OAM F5 Segment Loopback FAIL
Test ATM OAM F5 End-to-end Loopback PASS
Test ATM OAM F4 Segment Loopback FAIL