MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,012
^^ have you tried rebooting your modem? Unplug it's power cord. Wait for a 5 minutes for internals of modem to cool. Then put it back on.

This idiotic trick has worked before. If it still doesn't work and you are sure that you have not changed any modem settings, then leave a complaint by dialling 198 from any MTNL phone.

No Internet Connection since 5 days...

We are staying in Andheri West - no internet connection since the last 5 days.
(MTNL is not helping us because we are not using their modem)

Thanks!

a31By44.jpg

Is your exchange, lallubhai exchange ?

^^ have you tried rebooting your modem? Unplug it's power cord. Wait for a 5 minutes for internals of modem to cool. Then put it back on.

This idiotic trick has worked before. If it still doesn't work and you are sure that you have not changed any modem settings, then leave a complaint by dialling 198 from any MTNL phone.

The issue here is that it was perfectly set up with a "shitty" Cisco N120 Router to the WDR3600 (TP-Link) which worked perfectly fine before the lan lights went off for whatever reason.
The cisco one got set up by a MTNL guy. Now that the cisco broke down (LAN not working) we replaced it with a TD8816. So it needs to be "configured" again. (How much you have to configure here in India i have no idea - in germany username and password is sufficient)

We noticed that the LAN lights were broken because we filed a complaint about the internet (+light) not working. So the MTNL guy came by noticed that the LAN light is off (broken) then goes back gets a MTNL router plugs that one in shows that with his router the LAN!!! light works (but we couldn't check if the Internet works) so we asked him to plug it in to check on the internet as well, so he responded that its not possible as this router is from some other customer and that he would need to change the configuration (obviously) which he won't be able to do... pretty awesome...

I did it! No bridging necessary.

The username and password was right as well

Apparently there was a mistake in the VPI: i set it from 1 to 0 and i have changed the MTU from 1480 (default) to 1492

I found these settings in the previous router which has broken LAN sockets (that was the reason why we switched to the TD8816) or so - it was unreachable and it jsut worked out for 5 minutes so i could check the settings... maybe jesus?

I am sorry if i have wasted anyone's time - i am eternally happy that it works out now!

Thanks everyone for your time!

Last edited:
last few weeks there were no disconnections when i checked was pleasantly surprised to find 120.* IP had 59.* IP earlier. So I guess they have moved to SOTL.

Does anyone know what DNS is good to be used with SOTL? lately I see lot of page cannot be found messages and they go after refreshing several times.

last few weeks there were no disconnections when i checked was pleasantly surprised to find 120.* IP had 59.* IP earlier. So I guess they have moved to SOTL.

Does anyone know what DNS is good to be used with SOTL? lately I see lot of page cannot be found messages and they go after refreshing several times.

Congrats. Happy days ahead for you. I get a weird problem at home. Internet appears very slow while browsing and sometimes webpages refuse to load outright. But speedtest reports correct download speed and pings. I am puzzled.

Even I will have to go for Port change. Can anyone help

Congrats. Happy days ahead for you. I get a weird problem at home. Internet appears very slow while browsing and sometimes webpages refuse to load outright. But speedtest reports correct download speed and pings. I am puzzled.

Even i am also facing this issue, many websites doesnt open , some which opens it takes too long time , just checked speed through speedtest.net my speed is just 200 kbps whereas i should receive 1 mbps. :/
First complain through 198 , if still the issue is there then go to your exchange and demand port change.
Take some stats like attenuation rate , snr, speedtest and show them.

I am reading that VDSL thread and it seems like users there are having exact problems like me. I went to exchange yesterday but it seems like those guys are on an extended weekend vacation. :swear:

Back