MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,005
@aciddrinker

Stats are strictly OK. But given that you mention disconnections, I wouldn't be too sure of switching to 8mbps.

If there's any ISP you should trust, its MTNL.

A port change might help. The IP series has no relation to disconnections. So, just request for a port change, not necessarily to the 59.xxx series. 120.xxx is just fine.

From the portal, what is your average session time?

@heeemz

Try changing the channel of your wireless network.

I agree. Your channel might be set to 'Auto' which in some rare cases, might be Channel 13 or even 14. Try manually setting the channel to 1 or 6 or 11.
Now please don't ask the dreaded question 'How do I change my channel?' ;)

@aciddrinker answer 1 line stats are not good , attenuation rate should not exceed 20 ,get your line checked.
answer 2 i dont think so that MTNL cheats in FUP ,you can check your broadband usage at register.mtnl.net.in .
answer 3 I would highly suggest you not to change to 58 or 59 ip series as they are very unstable you will surely face downtime many times in a month. I am on 59 series of IP address and i face downtime every 3 / 4th day.

@x720 @Mr.cool

Thank you very much for your response! :)

I logged into the portal, I can see the time of each session but I can not find the daily/monthly/<specified period> 'average' session time.
I shall ask them to check my line once.

Also, I am using around 160-190GB per month at my current speeds. (1.1Mbps and 1.8Mbps day/evening+night). Upgrading to 8Mbps would definitely increase my usage. (So 165GB FUP seems kinda low)

@ x720 well i am also on 59 series of Ip address and currently i am facing downtime :/
currently getting 0.17 mbps speed instead of 2 mbps :( and now am very much afraid to complain about this as every time i complain the situation gets worst.

@ x720 well i am also on 59 series of Ip address and currently i am facing downtime :/
currently getting 0.17 mbps speed instead of 2 mbps :( and now am very much afraid to complain about this as every time i complain the situation gets worst.

2mbps ÷ 8 = 250 kbps maxxxx

Back