MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 263,999
What? You didn't get 8mbps starting 1st Sept?

Search on the net on how to find the stats for your modem. Does the portal show your plan as the 8mbps one?

NOPE i didn't get 8mbps from 1st Sept of this month....Yes my plan shows 8mbps on mtnl mumbai portal wen i put CA No and telephone number.
DSL Status: Connected
DSL Modulation Mode: ADSL2
DSL Path Mode: Fast
Downstream Rate: 2045 kbps
Upstream Rate: 1023 kbps
Downstream Margin: 31 db
Upstream Margin: 13 db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 15 db
Upstream Line Attenuation: 4 db
Downstream Transmit Power: 11 db
Upstream Transmit Power:

19 db

Encapsulation:RFC 2516 PPPoE
Multiplexing: LLC
Qos: UBR
Pcr Rate: 0
Scr Rate: 0
Autodetect: Enable
VPI: 0
VCI: 32
Enable: Yes
PVC Status: Up

I have got 2mbps from 1st of month which was my old plan speed...i called prabhadevi they said go to ur exchange and tell them to change the port...i went to exchange they said ur fup is 25gb u used so no 8 mbps...I said my limit is 28mbps monthly. I even told them i didnt get 8mpbs from the 1st of the month...they said the THRESHOLD u have used 25gb so speed will decrease...
I dont know wht threshold they r talking abt...
They said frm 1st of october if u dont get 8mbps then u come.
Its shocking tht my usage of 3gb is stil left so i shud get 8mbps...For a month i have given complaints and my speed is not 8mbps. Now waiting for 1st of October :(

You've used 25GB in a week, which is ~3.5 GB per day on average. They can easily wait for a day or two for you to cross 28GB. Then FUP kicks in & you're stuck till the 1st of Oct.
The sad truth is that you've been cheated & your options are extremely limited. Ask for a refund.

Clearly your line profile speed has not been upgraded. Call 12540 and ask them to do increase downstream speed to 8 mbps or more. Then only you will get 8 Mbps speed.

Right. If the plan change happened In August, that's when the speed profile should've been changed.

Call 12540 from your mtnl landline and ask them to set downstream rate to 8mbps.

ohhhh...frm mtnl website i checked my plan it is showing 8mbps 1050 plan...but in my router configuration my downstream rate is old 2045 kbps...i hope when i call 12540 they will change the downstream rate. I will call on tuesday. I hope my trouble ends :( tired of giving complaints and getting no responses...by the way how much should the downstream be for an 8mbps (my connection)

Back