MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 263,999
Q1. Are these stats good for upgrading to 8Mbps 165Gb plan? (I currently have 1.1Mbps day, 1.8Mbps evening+night)
cbRt6Bx.png

Q2. Would also like to know if anyone has experienced MTNL cheating in FUP statistics? (It's highly unlikely, but I don't trust MTNL lol)

Q3. I get many random disconnections everyday (5-20 each day). I have 120.xxx IP address, would requesting them for a port change to 58.xxx help?
Yes . In 8mbps n more plans..data usage shows high. Just like 3g operators sigh. Trai must check asap

@mister477 change ur dns to google and see if it opens

@ x720 well i am also on 59 series of Ip address and currently i am facing downtime :/
currently getting 0.17 mbps speed instead of 2 mbps :( and now am very much afraid to complain about this as every time i complain the situation gets worst.

All said and done. I think this is a pott issue, and since they aren't budging on that, complain to pgportal.

@aciddrinker

Yep. Just post a screenshot of that table from any given day.

Are you using mtnl's modem?

@x720

Yes, I'm using MTNL's Beetle Modem. (I think they gave it for one time charge of ₹500/-)

I downloaded and exported info of 1 Month into excel sheet and found these:
Total volume Down + UP = 177.7GB
Total No. of sessions = 1678
Total session time = 674:55:14 ~ 675 hours
Average session time = 0.4 hours per session = 24 minutes per session.

That's a lot of disconnections I think ;(

I had 2mbps speed from MTNL Broadband Mumbai. So we upgraded to 8mbps 1050. But now its been a month since we have changed to 8mbps but im not getting 8mbps...im just getting the old 2mbps speed. My usage is also below 28gb FUP...i have given many complaints but no response. yesterday i went to the exchange they said u have used 22gb of ur monthly usage so u wont get 8mbps. I said the limit is 28gb.
Can anybody help me with this???? my speed is same old 2mbps. I stay within 1km of the exchange

Line stats.

Also FUP is prorated, meaning you won't get entire 28GB for first month. When did the plan change take place?

thanks for reply...what is line stats? how should i give u details of line stats....my plan changed aug 8th or 9th.

Now 25gb download volume done from 1st to 7 sep..just checked. but my limit is 28gb so i shud get 8mbps

Got to 192.168.1.1 and look for statistics like Signal to Noise ratio, attenuation etc

Yep. You should be getting 8mbps. Have you ever gotten 8mbps?

Back