MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 263,985
I agree. Your channel might be set to 'Auto' which in some rare cases, might be Channel 13 or even 14. Try manually setting the channel to 1 or 6 or 11.
Now please don't ask the dreaded question 'How do I change my channel?' ;)
Thanks uberjon and x720

Issue resolved (hopefully) by setting channel to fixed number rather than using auto option in router wifi settings.

Interesting aspect is my phone, which is also samsung (s4) and laptop had no issues.

Dude i understood your problem..you are on Old Alcatel series..ip range(59.xx). ADSL 2+ & Annex M is not supported in this ip range. Hence its not working in your case & you are getting ADSL2 & Annex A (or options below them) in line stats. All other ports such as Erricson, New Alcatel & SOTL support those modulations. Hence request your Local exchange people to change the port to one of them. After that call 12540 & ask for profile upgrade to 8Mbps

Dude i understood your problem..you are on Old Alcatel series..ip range(59.xx). ADSL 2+ & Annex M is not supported in this ip range. Hence its not working in your case & you are getting ADSL2 & Annex A (or options below them) in line stats. All other ports such as Erricson, New Alcatel & SOTL support those modulations. Hence request your Local exchange people to change the port to one of them. After that call 12540 & ask for profile upgrade to 8Mbps

DUDE IM on 59.xx ip and its ADSL2+ ANNEX M

Then you are on Erricson series...Old Alcatel & ericson have same ip range..bt Erricson only supports it
For clarification- Erricson & old Alcatel-59.xx
New alcatel-182.xx
SOTL-120.xx
& for confirmation you can check your username...it will be without @a...i.e just tele. No..

anyone facing disconnection issues with MTNL ? i am on SOTL and facing disconnection issues since last 3-4 days, the wan PPPoE connection keeps getting disconnected and I see ppp1 lcp down error in the router/modem logs. I get connection from jogeshwari west tel exch.

Back