MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 263,976
Ok now i am able to post it

AfxcIkf.png

Guys wanted to know whether the above stats are good enough for higher plans? I have 699 MB combo plan as of now.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ppkakad

Also state which modulation & Annex u are using....... stats chg as per modulation.....

Though according to ur current stats..... u cannot upgrade to 8Mbps......

Stable connection needs min 15dB SNR downstream..... u have 11.7dB

Once u upgrade to 8Mbps....... ur SNR will drop by 10dB...... so u need 25dB on 2Mbps to take 8Mbps plan.......

why my SNR is low : Either line problem.... OR...... U just stay too far from xchg.....

@ppkakad

Also state which modulation & Annex u are using....... stats chg as per modulation.....

Though according to ur current stats..... u cannot upgrade to 8Mbps......

Stable connection needs min 15dB SNR downstream..... u have 11.7dB

Once u upgrade to 8Mbps....... ur SNR will drop by 10dB...... so u need 25dB on 2Mbps to take 8Mbps plan.......

why my SNR is low : Either line problem.... OR...... U just stay too far from xchg.....

Thanks can you elaborate how to check modulation and annex?

Also now when i check my stats its showing this...Is it fine? SNR reduced a lot here :(

tLuzpo1.png

@ppkakad

"Mode" is modulation....... ur using G.992.5 with Annex M....... means ADSL2+ AnnexM.......

But ur line stats r too low to upgrade..... or even too low to sustain the current 2Mbps......

Get line checked....... And also chg "Mode" to G.Dmt ...... SNR will improve with this chg.....

@ppkakad

"Mode" is modulation....... ur using G.992.5 with Annex M....... means ADSL2+ AnnexM.......

But ur line stats r too low to upgrade..... or even too low to sustain the current 2Mbps......

Get line checked....... And also chg "Mode" to G.Dmt ...... SNR will improve with this chg.....

Thanks! Will do that and post fresh stats soon. Actually wires used are too many for my connection as the PEER was opposite to my house. Also there are three joints in between the wires. 2 Mbps is working like a charm as of now. I checked now on speedtest see below. Its just showing 1.75 Mbps download. Last month when i bought it was 1.91 Mbps. Should i do something and let them know or is this normal?Also ping was 15 ms last time

FU6SEGX.png

Not bad I guess. I managed to get my sync speeds increased thanks to this forum.
What settings did you do to increase your sync speed? in the router or modern?
i m getting 6.9mbps download & 1.47 mbps upload, its good but can be increased by settings? i m not using mtnl DNS does that help?
Thanks..

Had to go to exchange and convince them to increase my profile speed to more than 8 Mbps. Then only I started getting full 8 Mbps speed.

Back