MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,124
I simply submitted a letter at the exchange and asked them to activate the plan after 2 days (ie 31st October). I did not have to call on any number, nor did I have to contact anyone via email/Twitter, etc. The plan successfully changed on the 31st.
Kudos to MTNL! Pretty smooth and hassle-free experience for me.

@ abhishek
how far are you from the exchange? and what speeds do u get?

The exchange is very close to my house, approx 300 meters from my place. Haven't downloaded much yet. YouTube is loading super smooth. Downloaded a custom ROM for a friend yesterday, was getting around 800kbps speeds.

So. I'd applied today morning and my plan was changed within hours, but as expected, downstream sync is still at 2048. Do I need to call that number listed a few pages ago, or can I expect it to magically change to 8192 within a day or two?

So. I'd applied today morning and my plan was changed within hours, but as expected, downstream sync is still at 2048. Do I need to call that number listed a few pages ago, or can I expect it to magically change to 8192 within a day or two?
Give it 24-36 hours.

Application submitted for the plan this morning......hoping to get it changed by today or tomorrow....
BTW my house is just 1.1 km from exchange (checked it on google maps walking distance).
Will there be any issue.

Back