MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,125
kickass said:
Higher speeds do not equal higher quantity of downloads. :)
Earlier I use to download tons of stuff all the time....... it was like.. "I need to use my Night Unlimited 2Mbps"....... even if it meant downloading shit tht am nvr going to use or watch...... I had like so many 720/1080p movies totaling 5-10GB's each tht I downloaded and nvr watched...... After sometime delete them to make space for more shit........ Use to hit 100GB+ every month then...... But this yr I hardly reach 50-60GB/month even after all the youtube and live streams of games, cricket, F1 etc........ it takes time to get wiser... :peaceful:

I went to MTNL office again yesterday and submitted a letter to upgrade the plan to 8mbps 1690 . This time they accepted the letter and said they would make the changes . Today when i checked the plan it showed 1690. So i was like cool let me test the speeds and to my surprise it was 8mbps......................NOT .. :)
im still on 2mbps and i called 1504 since i know waiting for things to change with mtnl is like waiting for a miracle to happen .
then i was redirected from one number to another like a ping pong ball where i finally get to someone who ans the phone she says we will check it out.
i doubt they fix anything with one call . So if you guys can point me in the right direction that would be super ...
peace

WhyIndia? said:
Since when does MTNL provide "100mbits" speed, eh? It's MTNL, after all. You meant 10.
that sentence is in the past tense :) i was used to 100mbits in london. and i had a 100mbits dc++ hub here in mumbai by fivenet that had everything !

kickass said:
i was used to 100mbits in london.
True...... my sister is in London..... she showed me speedtest of her connection...... DL 100Mbps UL 100Mbps....... WTF...... :pissed-off:

mumbai78 said:
call 12540 from an mtnl landline and they will change the speed for you.
Thanks Mate i spoke to a few plp and now its finally done . Im getting about 7 mbps and i super excited about it .
cheers
Nik

So I'm gonna opt for the 28GB plan tomorrow. What are the phone numbers I shall call on for quick upgradation of speed after applying for it at the telephone exchange?

What is the procedure to get this 8-mbps plan.....i would like ot shift from 2mbps xpress plan to "8mbps 1290 plan".....
I dont have any other isp in my area who is competent enough.
You BB & local cable isp are the only choice but the speeds are pathetic.

Back