MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,125
Wow!! 47mbps.. It will take ages for us to reach thr...Btw u gt so many apps running in notification... How do u manage ur battery?

Still gives me at least 15-20 hrs

On Friday evening, i could not open any web pages, although my downstream on the modem was 4056 kbps. I tried keeping tjhe landline off the hook, still no internet.
Then I decided to unplug my landline altogether, and suddenly the downstream went up to 8189 on my modem.And the net started. Speeds of 6 mbps for an hour. Then everything went dead.
After repeated complaints on Saturday, the technicians came home and checked my wiring. The electrician who did my wiring had used one wire for both voice and data. The MTNL guy separated both and after that got I was clocking 7.2 mbps.
Of course, 2 hours later, it went down to 100 kbps and stayed that way all of saturday evening.
Sunday morning when i logged in, it was back to 7.2 mbps. Worked consistently until 5 PM, then everything went dead . I assumed it was a similar issue that I had over the last 2 days.
I waited for an hour, then restarted the modem. 5 minutes later all was fine again. I have no idea whether the modem restart solved the issue or whether it was just a coincidence that the speeds were back a little after the restart.
This morning speeds are again 7.3 mbps. I will have to wait a few days and monitor.

maybe u need to just restart router whenever the speed drops.......
also investing in new wiring frm ur building main to ur splitter without cuts would bring more stability.......

Called 1504. She says 4000 will be one-time non refundable charge and then every month router charges would be Rs. 100. And asked to call 1500.1500 aunties have no clue about the plan. And now I'm left clueless. :S

That aunty is talking abt vdsl.. It has different router.. 8 mbpsplan is available for adsl. U need to go to exhange ... 1504 has no clue abt it

@ abhishek ... u r right. since the distance from exchange is greater, they will provide extra line and use a line bonding modem to give u 8mbps. u will need to go personally and talk to them.
panzer008 said:
Reading this actually makes me sad....... considering we will nvr get something like this at affordable rates and without stupid FUP limits..........
With these speeds we will hit r ISP's FUP limit within few mins... :playful:
i have a 150gb limit on vdsl and inspite of downloading tons of stuff i don't breach it. Higher speeds do not equal higher quantity of downloads. :)
Even with 100mbits at my disposal i barely managed around 150gb a month.

kickass said:
@ abhishek ... u r right. since the distance from exchange is greater, they will provide extra line and use a line bonding modem to give u 8mbps. u will need to go personally and talk to them.
i have a 150gb limit on vdsl and inspite of downloading tons of stuff i don't breach it. Higher speeds do not equal higher quantity of downloads. :)
Even with 100mbits at my disposal i barely managed around 150gb a month.
Since when does MTNL provide "100mbits" speed, eh? It's MTNL, after all. You meant 10.

Back