MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 263,941
Weird thing is happening again. Modem not logging in to Internet. Happened yesterday also. It shows its connected but no transfer, when I try to restart the modem then it doesn't go on to the net. Since 2nd jan there is no update in my data transfer entries too. But I was connected
/disconnected till today 2-3 times manually.

^ Same happened to me to 120 IP series. Router showed connected but no internet. Then after reboot of router, it simply failed to get any IP. Had to call up helpline to get it resolved.

Same thing happening to me. Check into your account if you are seeing data usage entries or not? I am not getting those also. Net is starting in between and stopping.
Your problem resolved ??

Have the same issue from the last 2 days ( Saturday & Sunday ). Router shows that its connected but doesn't load or connect to anything.
After router is restarted, it fails to connect to ADSL, line is good & line stats are perfect.
Since IP is not gained it won't load anything, stays disconnected for 60-90minutes and then it works normal. Happen 3 times in last 2 days. Registered a complaint on Saturday ( when it happened first ). After registering a complaint it was fixed in 30mins or so ( coincidence or they fixed it, not sure). Didn't register a complaint after when it happened again.

@AbhishekS Every loads fine here, I use tweetdeck desktop client and its working perfectly. Website loads too ( didn't login on site )
Try to switching your DNS ( Google DNS or Open DNS )
P.S. : I am on Open DNS.

Twitter.com is loading on my PC, try pinging it from your PCs. I didn' face any disconnection problems, but suddenly I am unable to access my router page 192.168.1.1, though I am able to ping it, tracert goes through it and my Internet is working fine. Not much of a problem but I wanted to check my stats. Haven't tried reset yet.

^^ Twitter.com loaded but mar mar ke.

I have noticed that some sites are struggling to load even on SOTL. (kinda similar to New Alcatel)

This happened exactly from 2nd January where internet stayed connected but webpages refused to load. on complaining to server room, my internet started again but routing was changed to sites like google.

I sincerely hope that they have not made us all switch to New Alcatel and retired SOTL system completely.

@d5aqoëp Quick question, How do I know which server I am on?
I been using it from 2007 so I am guessing old server but which ? And also how many servers are there?
From what I have read there are 3 servers? SOTL is the oldest, old alcatel and new alcatel? Both Alcatels are horrible? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Back