MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 263,933
Yes but buy a good VPN service which you can use in your modem. But internet banking and email sites will start giving you trouble as they are IP based on a particular country.

Using VPN will double or triple your pings and say good bye to multiplayer gaming. Such *hitty workarounds should never be needed when one is paying Rs. 1500 and upwards for internet. I pay 2350 per month and feel terrible when I don't get my money's worth.

Edit: Connecting once again to SOTL gateway 120.62.0.1 and speedtest and browsing web pages has returned to somewhat normal.
Thanks for the info, how can i try the SOTl gateway? i have a static ip 59.181 series, will i be able to change the gateway too?

Thanks for the info, how can i try the SOTl gateway? i have a static ip 59.181 series, will i be able to change the gateway too?
Oh so you are on the dreadful old Alcatel server with 59.x IP range..
I am not sure one can choose which server they want to connect to, otherwise no one would leave the Ericsson or SOTL server.

59.x is partly Ericsson. I'm on that. No issues whatsoever. I guess new customers are given only Alcatel or if they're lucky, then SOTL/Huawei.

Hi,
Thats great, so you got no issues at all? i do have trouble with constant
59.x is partly Ericsson. I'm on that. No issues whatsoever. I guess new customers are given only Alcatel or if they're lucky, then SOTL/Huawei.
Hi,
My ip is 59.181.110.xxx series, am i on the Ericsson servers? i m having trouble lately downloading big files, 1gb plus files, never had this issue since few weeks, the disconnects are less now, bought a new modem to replace my aging Linksys a300, hope things get better after that.

Thanks..

Disconnections can be line related also. 59.xxx is both Ericsson and Alcatel. No idea which subnet is what. Mine is 59.184.xx

Disconnections can be line related also. 59.xxx is both Ericsson and Alcatel. No idea which subnet is what. Mine is 59.184.xx
hmmn, my line info-
SNR MARGIN DOWNSTREAM- 13.8
UPSTREAM- 11.9
LINE ATTENUATION DOWNSTREAM 26.5
UPSTREAM 15.8

Hows my line condition?

Thanks a ton.

Last edited:
Line condition varies a lot with factors like Type of Modulation/Annex used..... distance from exchange..... Profile Speed...... etc

SNR downstream above 15dB is considered ideal for stability.....

Your Line atten is similar to mine..... so ur probably abt the same distance to the xchg as me...... so stats should hav been better....

Just for ur reference......here r my stats on various speeds & Annex.....

8Mbps on ADSL2+ Annex M
NaIMElJ.jpg

8Mbps on ADSL2+ Annex A
cOC50tA.png

2Mbps on ADSL2+ Annex A
ZC90Ged.jpg

Back