MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 263,921
i am on the 182 series too but i get full 9.8 on vdsl.
this seems to be a problem at the local exchange .
one of my friend had called up 12540 and they had said yesterday that there is nothing wrong from their end and it might be a localized issue, but what is weird is this is happening at 10.45 am.. and goes on till 12 am.. then the usual speed is coming.. and this happened on sat too..

may be they will come to work tomorrow and hopefully solve it.. but overall usual day's its working fine.. but i am still unable to understand why it's happening at the exact time

will this issue be solved.. or should i switch to vdsl.. how is it ..

Last edited:
this was today morning at 6
4282934242.png

and this is now.. i really cant understand why cant we have one week of stable connectivity

4283887427.png

4283882088.png

vdsl is even more intolerant of line problems and distance. unless you are very close to the exchange don't bother shifting. u might wana try going to the exchange tomm when ur net is slow and ask them to check right there. make sure u tell them it is messed up for a specific time of the day esle they will land @ ur place in the evening n say all is working fine !! lol

@kalpen123

It *may* be due to congestion, but knowing MTNL that most likely isn't the case, which is a pretty good thing.

Probably, some misconfiguration on their part.

But, if it indeed is congestion, then you're out of luck.

@kalpen123

It *may* be due to congestion, but knowing MTNL that most likely isn't the case, which is a pretty good thing.

Probably, some misconfiguration on their part.

But, if it indeed is congestion, then you're out of luck.
i called them just now on 1504 and they said it's some server issue

but i have been getting perfect speed and i am really near the exchange around 300 meters.. and do u have any idea why it was working perfectly from 2 am till 11 am and then again the speed was like reduced.. and i have more than enough data so the FUP is not even crossed..

the exchange guys here r really good.. so hopefully things will be solved but for a 9ms ping if the speed is like under 1 Mbps.. than u can imagine how slow is the browsing

vdsl is even more intolerant of line problems and distance. unless you are very close to the exchange don't bother shifting. u might wana try going to the exchange tomm when ur net is slow and ask them to check right there. make sure u tell them it is messed up for a specific time of the day esle they will land @ ur place in the evening n say all is working fine !! lol

yes i am going to do that

i called them just now on 1504 and they said it's some server issue

but i have been getting perfect speed and i am really near the exchange around 300 meters.. and do u have any idea why it was working perfectly from 2 am till 11 am and then again the speed was like reduced.. and i have more than enough data so the FUP is not even crossed..

the exchange guys here r really good.. so hopefully things will be solved but for a 9ms ping if the speed is like under 1 Mbps.. than u can imagine how slow is the browsing

Back