MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,124
x720 said:
Do you'll get 8mbit the throughout the day?Randomly I start getting 2mbit and it stays like that for a while.
Yes 7.2 Mbps on ADSL throughout the day. That's because I have been synced at 8192 kbps downstream.

Guess, I'll have to monitor my line and see if it happens again today.

BTW, URL for changing plan online is here. I have submitted the request couple of days back and it already shows the 8MBPS 990 plan as Active. But on router it shows 2MBPS only. When I dropped mail to their customer service email ID, I got a call back within 10 mins saying that the work order is still in progress and will take 1-2 days. I will check again today and if still not 8 MBPS, will follow the "making numerous calls" process!

I called 12540......he said that there is a problem in your line...book broadband fault...let the engineer visit your place & we will collaborate to change sync rates for your connection....!
I mean what is this.....earlier it was pretty much easy to change the plan...why they have to do this....this is not rocket science or something
BTW my line is good...there is no problem with my current connection "0 crc error"...good snr & line attenuation.....heck even modem says maximum rate could reach 18 mbps donwlink.
Why are they playing merry-go-round....?
My sync rates are still tied to my old plan.

I applied for 8Mbps 1690 on 8th Friday morning 10AM at xchg........ at 1PM my profile showed my plan chged....... then I call 12540 at 3PM to chg my speed.......
This is wht 12540 says..... "Your work order is still incomplete, wait for 24hrs."........ so Friday is gone......
Nxt day.. Sat.... I go straight to xchg again..... head of broadband office..... first question they ask "When did u apply??"....... I say "yesterday"...... Reply "It takes 24hrs to chg the plan completely, your speed will then automatically chg to 8Mbps"....... WTF........ like I hav to believe tht....... tell me who's speed here changed without calling 12540 or xchg??..... Now I feel it was my fault for applying on a Friday.......
A few weeks before I had applied for 8Mbps on my uncles net....... on 29th Oct...... same..... plan got activated within few hrs....... then on 30th I called 12540..... they say its not yet chged....... 24hrs required..... then I call on 31st Oct again...... they say "New plan speeds can only be updated on 1st of every month"........ called again on 1st Nov...... "Speed chged according to ur plan, wait 10mins and restart router"........ still no chg...... then called again...... same thing...... still no chg....... after a few days I went to uncle's place again on 7th....... still wasnt chged..... ?#%$^....... went straight to xchg....... Head of Broadband madam....... "Wait 5mins"....... she just took my MAC id....... chked on another PC...... shows me am still synced at 2Mbps..... then pulls a drop-down list with 100's of speed profiles....... selects 8Mbps/2Mbps profile....... apply & OK...... done...... in 2mins its done....... I call am uncle in front of her to chk..... he says its showing 8192kbps downstream....... Thx her and leaves........
So what took just 2mins..... took 10days to change......

Hey guys, my router is 480TC1, my router page shows ADSL 2+, I stay near Kandivali Lokhandwala Exchange, probably around 1km away. I wanted to ask if the cows over at the exchange offices everywhere know about this 8mbps ADSL plans or not by now. Is it worth going and banging my head there as of now? :P

selfcare.mtnl.net.in/Mumbai/LLTariffPlanChange.aspx link was causing the problem. Let's try again!
Right. It seems to be causing issues :o

Back