MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,123
Finally after applying on Friday(8th Nov)..... its chged.... to 8Mbps.......
Had to goto the xchg...... within 5mins......... they chged my speed profile......
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3093012256

Ping dropped frm 60ms to 6-7ms...... so much diff frm 2Mbps to 8Mbps......
SNR dropped too....... frm 38dB to 27dB...... but still well above acceptable rates....
Speedtest is showing 7Mbps...... maybe bcoz I stay 1.1Km frm the xchg...... but its good enuf for me......

Kya solid pings hai!

akashniko said:
The plan change URL doesn't have an ADSL 8mbps plan. What about the exchange offices? Are they updated yet?
u'll hav to goto the xchg to apply for 8Mbps....... with an application letter with phone owners signature and last month bill xerox......

Went to Cumballa Hill Exchange - 8mb plan not possible as I'm beyond 1km. 4mb plan was disconnecting due to 1) faulty earthed line and 2) Ericsson issues. Latter one will be changed to alcatel and all should be fine by tomorrow. Guy I met was 1) Sharmaji and 2) Rodriguez. Crossing my fingers

Faulty earthed line appears to be a shame because my earlier 2mbps plan worked fine. Looks like linesman wants chai paani Faulty earthed line appears to be a sham because my earlier 2mbps plan worked fine. Looks like linesman wants chai paani

akashniko said:
The 8mbps plan has apparently been modified? the 1690 plan is now a 1750 plan and they say its a promotional plan for 90 days wtf?
http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/8mbps-plan
not much chg in cost...... just Rs.60 ........ but u will get 1.5Mbps after FUP....... and they might regularize the plan after 90 days...... or shift u back to 1690...... so nothing to lose...... go for it

panzer008 said:
not much chg in cost...... just Rs.60 ........ but u will get 1.5Mbps after FUP....... and they might regularize the plan after 90 days...... or shift u back to 1690...... so nothing to lose...... go for it
Whats the worst case scenario after 90 days?

akashniko said:
Whats the worst case scenario after 90 days?
Worst Case scenario after 90 days:
1.) They revert back to 1690 plan
2.) They keep 1750 and reduce DL speed after FUP to 1Mbps..... cant go below 1Mbps.... coz of the Redefine Broadband bull***t

Back