MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,123
panzer008 said:
Worst Case scenario after 90 days:
1.) They revert back to 1690 plan
2.) They keep 1750 and reduce DL speed after FUP to 1Mbps..... cant go below 1Mbps.... coz of the Redefine Broadband bull***t
you sure they wont scrap the plan at all?

^^^
Finally no more timeout updates......
akashniko said:
you sure they wont scrap the plan at all?
dude...... dont think abt it so much...... just apply and enjoy.......

^^ Actually timeouts had stopped after monsoon season.
But I was experiencing weird lag. If I had to download any app from Google Play store, it will stay on downloading for few minutes till it actually started downloading. Plus, after reaching FUP limit, the 512 kbps speed is so aggressively throttled that browsing was almost impossible.

Went to kandivali Lokhandwala exchange. The a$$hole incharge said 4.5mbps tak hi speed aayegi even though I live within 1km. He said Fiber se full milegi. They do have a 1750 FTTH 10mbps plan. Should I go with that?

akashniko said:
Went to kandivali Lokhandwala exchange. The a$$hole incharge said 4.5mbps tak hi speed aayegi even though I live within 1km. He said Fiber se full milegi. They do have a 1750 FTTH 10mbps plan. Should I go with that?
Dude...... if FTTH is available in ur area then go for it....... only thing u'll miss is the 10GB xtra FUP limit on ADSL........
Ask them if its available now...... including the modem...... otherwise if they say ur area will get it by nxt month...... then forget abt it..... take ADSL 8Mbps....... coz nxt month nvr comes in their calender.....
U will hav to pay Rs1.5k for installation and modem......
Also u will get more than 7Mbps on ADSL 8Mbps plan...... I stay 1.1km frm xchg....... still get 7.02Mbps with DL speeds of 840KBps consistently.......

panzer008 said:
Dude...... if FTTH is available in ur area then go for it....... only thing u'll miss is the 10GB xtra FUP limit on ADSL........
Ask them if its available now...... including the modem...... otherwise if they say ur area will get it by nxt month...... then forget abt it..... take ADSL 8Mbps....... coz nxt month nvr comes in their calender.....
U will hav to pay Rs1.5k for installation and modem......
Also u will get more than 7Mbps on ADSL 8Mbps plan...... I stay 1.1km frm xchg....... still get 7.02Mbps with DL speeds of 840KBps consistently.......
This guy said humne baju ki building me test kiya and we got 4.5mbps. Was trying to get rid of me to be honest. Really confused now.

sanke1 said:
Finally...Gave the application to migrate from VDSL TO ADSL 8Mbps 1750 plan.VDSL is too much of a hassle.
Welcome back prodigal son :D. Now it will be a hassle to get back to ADSL from VDSL :) With the amount they learnt from the experience of 'improving' your VDSL service they should give you a few months rebate.

Back