MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 263,905
Hi,

Currently using 8 Mbps ADSL in Mumbai. Disconnects every 2 minutes, after which the ADSL light continues flickering. Since I don't have it split to a phone, it is a dedicated internet line. But for some reason whenever it goes down, I have to plug it into a phone, check the line, and then plug it back into the router. Only after all this will it actually resume working.

Any advice on what I can do to ensure that it stops disconnecting?
(Speedtest shows a solid 6.5 down and 1.7 up)

Any advice is appreciated,

Thank you.

Line stats are:
Downstream Upstream
Link rate: 8190 Kbps 2161 Kbps
Line attenuation: 30.0 dB 13.3 dB
Noise Margin: 9.9 dB 6.5 dB

Line is probably experiencing High Open. Read about it here.

Either get a new line from the DP box, or, switch to 4 mbps. SNR is pretty low currently. Switching to 4mbps should stop the disconnections.

My stats:

MYEuoZj.png

My downstream has gotten randomly downgraded from 8192 to 5954 and it is still dropping. :(

CRC is a little high. Any noise in line?

I'm a bit concerned about upstream, they've probably set it to 2048k and your line/modem in its current state isn't able to maintain sync.

Should I just get a new modem? As for "noise" I don't hear extra stuff while using landline, if that's what you mean. I remember earlier upstream was indeed 2048, though i dont really care for it, as long as its at least 200. Should I ask them to lower upstream? WIll probably have to go to CSC....

Perhaps I'll tell them to get a new modem itself. Oh well.

Hi,

I switched from my 2 Mbps MTNL plan in Delhi to the Freedom UL 1195 8 Mbps plan last week. The lady at the counter said that the new plan will get activated from 1 July. However, when I checked the broadband usage status online the new plan has been updated by MTNL. However, the speeds are very bad. I am getting 1.73 Mbps (download) and 0.38 Mbps (upload). These speeds are actually identical to my old 2 Mbps connection!

I have registered a complaint online. Has anyone else experienced such slow speeds on a 8 Mbps connection from MTNL in Delhi? I might be better off switching to the 4 Mbps plan.

Cheers
K

SNR Margin (0.1dB): 273 327
Attenuation (0.1dB): 190 190
Output Power (dBm): 13.0 9.5
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 19744 2236
Rate (Kbps): 2051 508
D (interleave depth): 64 1
Delay (msec): 2.21 1.13

Back