MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 263,901
This 8 Mbps plan is giving me 9.1 Mbps since yesterday! Yeh kya jadoo??

4648961236.png

I am experiencing slow speeds on my VDSL 10 Mbps. Around 2-3 Mbps. Anybody else ?

MTNL seems to have upgraded speed on 8Mbps...... Probably to 9Mbps..... Mine was updated today.....

Now syncing at 9244kbps downstream from 8192kbps...... But they have crashed my SNR to 9dB from 24dB.....

Also I am able to connect with only one modulation..... ADSL2+ Annex M......

ADSL2+ Annex A is not working.... neither is G.DMT...... they just wont sync

Wow just 1 Mbs increase in speed.

In all fairness they must have woken up to the fact that syncing people at 8192 kbps downstream yeilded just 7.3 Mbps as max speed. It was leaving a bad taste in customer's mouth.

Increasing my speed from 8192kbps to 9244kbps shouldnt have crashed my SNR to 9dB from 24dB...... That puts me heavily in the disconnection zone........

Still it hasnt disconnected for the last 12Hrs and counting.....

And I didnt even ask them to increase my profile speed..... still they like messing with my line....... They havnt got a complaint from me since changing my port to Alcatel.... so now they want to tempt me...

^ ^^

9 dB SNR for downstream is quite okay. I would worry if it goes below 6. That's where trouble starts.

I am synced at 12280 Kbps downstream and my SNR remains between 17 and 19. God knows how but I am starting to believe that my line is extremely good.

My line maxes out at 60 Mbps for VDSL. But ADSL will do fine for me.

I will check for couple of days...... then goto exchange and try to fix this low SNR and modulation problems.....

If it still doesnt improve..... probably will call 12540 & ask for a downgrade to 8192kbps

Still cant believe increment of 1Mbps will crash the SNR by this margin....... they probably didnt sync it right..... which is why the other modulations are not working.....

Back