MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,123
dinjo_jo said:
Any review on this router i have used D-Link 2750 and TP-Link W8968 both has some or other issues , any heating issues have you kept it on for soem days continously ?

I was eyeing the W8968 model can you elaborate what were the problems you faced & the service you got from them? @krish_88 is having umpteen problems with his unit but they are trying to help in their own way :)

sanke1 said:
Plan successfully changed to DSL 8MBPS 1750.But no internet. Authentication failure. They have synced me at 2Mbps downstream and 0.5Mbps upstream.Welcome to the dark days!

Thats true MTNL service, one hand does not know what the other is doing. :(

panzer008 said:
I bought TP-Link W8970 last month...... excellent router, range and zero line drops since last month......
Features: W8970
Triple Antenna @ 5dBi
4 x Gigabit Ethernet ports
2USB ports for HDD and 3G dongle
IPv6 Support
Bandwidth Control(IP QoS) (very useful now on 8Mbps by restricting all other users at home to 1.5-2Mbps)
Plus its a 2013 model so wont get outdated quickly with FW update support.
Have you configure it for IP6 successfully?

dinjo_jo said:
ADSL 2+ has capability of handling upto 24Mbps so you are ok , I remember 2 years back i was given 12 Mbps for 1 month by MTNL those days and downloading at 1.2Mb per second was just awesome

socrates said:
@sanke1 Nice :) which modem are you using? Is it IP6 compatible & if yes then have you tried it successfully?
I am using my old and trusted Netgear DGND3300v2 which is IPv6 compatible. It is currently in bridge mode and my Asus RT-N56U router is dialing the PPPOE connection.
Suhel said:
Congrats, so did you have to call them up to get the 8Mbps profile activated?
I had to call 12540 and argue with the man that even if he sets my Profile Speed to 10 Mbps, I will still get 8 Mbps as that is the port speed. Somehow he understood. Must be on some happy pills. :pill:
He set my speed accordingly.

socrates said:
If you can go personally to Lamington Rd then go to their distributor (address & tel no. on their site). It was cheaper there when I last rang them up but that was long ago.
Naah lamington is more or less the same these days , for few 100 bux better to order online !

Suhel said:
Naah lamington is more or less the same these days , for few 100 bux better to order online !
Is it when I last checked there was a difference of 250 - 300 bucks, maybe things have now changed. The distributor might have gotten greedy :)

Back