MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,121
kickass said:
do any of you guys face disconnections on the 8mbit plans? does ur connection hold for 10hrs each session?
Its very stable even at 1.1km for me........

I had to maually reset the router after the end of tht 2nd session to chk how much I downloaded there......
Amit Kadam said:
my router status ! Annex Type:
Annex A
exchnge is 1.1km far away from my home ...still i have reported to my lineman ...he gonna have talk with his sir so might they will sync to me at 10mbps speed. lets see...
Is the router on G.dmt or ADSL2+ modulation??
Unless "Max Rate" goes over 9-10Mbps downstream...... u wont get "Current Rate" upto 8Mbps....... so overall speedtest result will be 1Mbps less...... i.e. ur 7300kbps and speedtest is at 6300kbps so its corrent...
To improve "Max Rate"...... u need to improve linestats(SNR) which is very low....... am also at 1.1km frm exchg.......

see my router status now ...not stable speed ....

so much confusion in this ...why my max rate is 8336 ...and where you all getting 20144 blah blah ....does max rate matter on the current speed ??

do any of you guys face disconnections on the 8mbit plans? does ur connection hold for 10hrs each session?
Nope. Holds stable throughout. I've a good line though. However, without the session being reset I randomly start getting exactly 2mbit on torrents. Need to restart the modem. Have noticed it 3-4 times in the past week.

Amit Kadam said:
see my router status now ...not stable speed ....

Ur downstream SNR is still dropping below 5...... tell linesman to chk line..... also show line stats to xchg broadband head..... tell him/her to chg port or something.......

kickass said:
I was going to post exactly the same thing. Mine is re-syncing after 3-4 hrs at random. IP range at home is 182.56.xxx.xxx
But at my work place, it's holding stable for exactly 10 hrs per session. IP range at work is 120.63.xxx.xxx

Amit Kadam said:
sanke1 was following your post from long duration ... can you post your router status ..

i am getting 6.32mbps speed not more than that !!
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3115737602
Here are my stats.

x720 said:
However, without the session being reset I randomly start getting exactly 2mbit on torrents. Need to restart the modem. Have noticed it 3-4 times in the past week.
Same happened to me today afternoon. Speed dropped to less than 512 kbps.

AbhishekS said:
So I guess there are more cons than pros of having 10mpbs downstream profile, right?
If MTNL has some sort of DLM mechanism, then first few days there will be random re-syncs done by the DSLAM to test line stability. Or who knows MTNL server guys are themselves testing something? We will wait few days for dust to settle. :)

Much better experience post FUP.
Constant 1.4 - 1.5 Mbps speed. No timeouts and all sites are opening properly.
I like it. :)

sanke1 said:
Much better experience post FUP.
Constant 1.4 - 1.5 Mbps speed. No timeouts and all sites are opening properly.
I like it. :)
Hit FUP already??....... how much 85GB?? 28GB??

Back