MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,121
socrates said:
Which modem have they installed? As far as I know all MTNL modems (except the D-Link ones, not sure if they still give out those as they are still mean mouthing it)) whoever makes it, its still Chinese :)
Is there a recommended modem for MTNL ? I looked around ZyXEL and those older models of D-Link which seems rock solid for 24X7 the modems made these times are more vulnerable to failure not sure why

x720 said:
^ Just how many routers do you have? :tongue:
Returned D-Link and got TP-Link in it's place.I want to sell off my previous ones. 1. Asus RT-N56U (Router Only) for Rs. 2999. New one sells for Rs. 8000-90002. Netgear DGND3300 V2 (ADSL2 Modem + N300 Wifi Router) for Rs. 2500. Reason for upgrade: Switching to wireless ac standard. Both are in perfect working condition along with their original packaging boxes. Any takers?

@sanke1 - Do you have devices supporting 802.11ac?
From your previous posts, I've gathered that it took you about 4-5 days from requesting a change in the plan to actually getting the speed. I have just asked for a change to the 8 Mbps (1350) plan today, and the portal shows it as having been changed - nothing on the adsl sync rate as yet. Do you reckon this will happen without bugging them, or is it absolutely required to keep following up?

enkay said:
@sanke1 - Do you have devices supporting 802.11ac?
Yes
enkay said:
From your previous posts, I've gathered that it took you about 4-5 days from requesting a change in the plan to actually getting the speed. I have just asked for a change to the 8 Mbps (1350) plan today, and the portal shows it as having been changed - nothing on the adsl sync rate as yet. Do you reckon this will happen without bugging them, or is it absolutely required to keep following up?
As far as I know, almost everyone had to force the server guys to get the profile speed increased by calling them or visiting Customer Care. Call on this number 12540 between 10am to 5pm and tell them to increase your speed profile.

I was able to do it with an online complaint, though I visited the JE, she said it will take 4 days. I raised an online complaint and the profile changed in a day or so.

Thanks sanke1 & rsatbf. I have called them up and they've given some numbers of the local exchange to try on. Finally got through to someone who seemed to know about this, and he said it will be done within an hour or so. Will post stats if and when it happens.
First tried 12540, they said it was already at max, then called up 1500 who gave number of local telephone exchange (admin), who then gave the server guys number at the local exchange.

Back