MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,121
I have just used 9GB out of 28GB and the month is gonna end in 7 days. :PHow do you guys use so much? But I'm happy that I have just used 9GB. My cousin's wedding tomorrow and they have arranged for live streaming, I'll be watching the entire wedding. Expecting it to use around 5-6GB.

The only thing wrong is the connection is not stable. My SNR Margins are very good but there are still a lot of disconnections. So far I have only got 1 stable 10hr session. Rest of the times, it disconnects every 2-3 hrs.

Are these plans also available in Delhi? I'm already paying 1900 something for 2 mbps UL earlier they use to provide me 2 mbps in a 999 plan but I guess they finally got time to give speed according to plan and this 1750 plan seems really good.

AbhishekS said:
I have just used 9GB out of 28GB and the month is gonna end in 7 days. :tongue:How do you guys use so much?
I have used 58GB so far...... 29GB still remaining....... am still on the 1690 plan so dont want to test the FUP :tongue_2: ....

panzer008 said:
I have used 58GB so far...... 29GB still remaining....... am still on the 1690 plan so dont want to test the FUP :tongue_2: ....
Looks like I spoke too soon.Connection is unstable at best. Post FUP, I am getting 1.5 Mbps at one moment and the next moment, I barely get 0.2 Mbps.

Finally, linesmen came and reinstalled an older modem after which the 4mbps plan was activated. Now I'm getting 3.3-3.5 speeds. Apparently the Chinese modem cum routers are causing widespread problems.

shethsa said:
Finally, linesmen came and reinstalled an older modem after which the 4mbps plan was activated. Now I'm getting 3.3-3.5 speeds. Apparently the Chinese modem cum routers are causing widespread problems.
Which modem have they installed? As far as I know all MTNL modems (except the D-Link ones, not sure if they still give out those as they are still mean mouthing it)) whoever makes it, its still Chinese :)

Back