MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,121
All those with 8Mbps..... r u getting full speed today???
Am at 512kbps since morning!!...... havnt fit FUP yet 20GB still left......

Today morning I was getting 512-768 kbps. But after an IP refresh, speed was back to 1.5 Mbps (post FUP).Getting no disconnects and solid 10 hr connection sessions.1480 is the best MTU for me.However Amazon sites are slow to load. Proves again that 182.56 IP series is on a poorly optimised server.

sanke1 said:
Today morning I was getting 512-768 kbps. But after an IP refresh, speed was back to 1.5 Mbps (post FUP).Getting no disconnects and solid 10 hr connection sessions.1480 is the best MTU for me.However Amazon sites are slow to load. Proves again that 182.56 IP series is on a poorly optimised server.
I just learnt how to calculate ur MTU...... it still came 1492 for me
I might hav hit some hidden FUP for this month..... my 1690 8Mbps plan started on 11th Nov........ so I dont think I hav full 85GB for this month......
Considering plan started on 11th... which means 1/3rd of the month was already over....... 1/3rd comes to abt 26GB/85GB....... so technically I think I hav hit FUP ....... even with 20GB remaining......
MTNL has some solid system in place now....... damn..... I remember those times when I use to get 2Mbps even on 590NU(256kbps).......
Btw....... I always get 59.x.x.x IP

You have 85-26 =59 gb for this month. The authentication system is very solid. We can now use username without @a. It will still connect.

sanke1 said:
You have 85-26 =59 gb for this month.
It would hav been nice of them to tell me, before I went rampage on my FUP.......
As u correctly said 512kbps is such a crawl....... atleast the sites r opening for now....... but I doubt they will by evening.......
3 days of this...... gr8...... :pissed-off:
Good thing is...... ping is stable so can play online games...... and didnt hav anything in download queue..... With 8Mbps we rly dont hav a queue anymore :peaceful:

Can someone here on the 8 Mbps plan (single pair) post what their Up/Down sync rates are? I managed to get mine increased by nagging them and this is what I've ended up with - something tells me this is way below what they promised:
Data Rate Stream Type Actual Data Rate Up Stream 1015 (Kbps.) Down Stream 6834 (Kbps.)
for 8 Mbps, shouldn't it be (at least) 8192 Down/1024 Up?

^^^
U need to post screenshot of ur status page..... including "Max Attainable Rate"..... "Current Rate"...... SNR.... Line Atte..... and "DSL Modulation"....
My guess is ur modulation is G.dmt....... chg it to ADSL2+ Annex A/M
Mine is like this:

Mine's an OfficeConnect (3Com) and doesn't have a "Max Rate" on it. I have a beetel lying around but the router keeps going offline every 10 minutes or so.
This modem doesn't give me the option of changing modulation either. Should try with another modem I guess. Any suggestions?
https://i.imgur.com/SuDhXR0.png
(Sorry it had to be a link, the colours are too disturbing to my eyes to be an inline image :nonchalance: )

^^^
SNR downstream is only 4dB !!......... kinda too low even for 2Mbps..... line has noise??...... Need to giv complaint to linesman......
How far r u frm xchg??....... Line Attenuation is also high.....

Back