MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,111
AbhishekS said:
Well uTorrent says that port is not open. Can that be the thing causing worry?
Dig into your ADSL modem settings and make sure you have UPnP enabled. That will open ports for you.

socrates said:
Which ac standard make/model did you go in for? And how much did you pay for it? BTW Does ip6 work on it in PPPoE mode?
It's TP-Link TD8817 for Rs. 900. But I use Asus Router to dial as it is fully IPv6 Compliant. :tongue:

But I still get IPv4. Maybe some setting I need to do?

AbhishekS said:
While searching for uTorrent settings online I read at some sites that I should disable upnp in uTorrent.All this is so confusing! :S
UPnP is like automatic port forwarding. I get excellent speeds due to it.

Did some port forwarding and stuff and now I'm getting around 130kbps speed. That's nice, but bad for an 8mbps connection.
Can you please help me in setting up uTorrent at my end by sharing your settings? Or shall I post my settings and you can help me by suggesting modifications?
Edit: The speed is now fluctuating between 250-400kbps. Is it good enough for 8mbps connection or is there enough scope?

AbhishekS said:
247 seeders861 leechers Torrent download speed mainly stays around 2-3kB/s, goes to maximum 20kB/s. Downloading a torrent for the first time after shifting to an 8mpbs plan almost a month ago. Is this normal? I'm hope it isn't.
How many seeds/peers show up as being actually connected, usually? And what is this number when the speed is 20 kB/s?

AbhishekS said:
Did some port forwarding and stuff and now I'm getting around 130kbps speed. That's nice, but bad for an 8mbps connection.Can you please help me in setting up uTorrent at my end by sharing your settings? Or shall I post my settings and you can help me by suggesting modifications?Edit: The speed is now fluctuating between 250-400kbps. Is it good enough for 8mbps connection or is there enough scope?
I don't do any settings apart from restricting my upload speed to 30 kBps. UPnP is enabled in router and speeds touch 800 kBps on well seeded torrents.

sanke1 said:
I don't do any settings apart from restricting my upload speed to 30 kBps. UPnP is enabled in router and speeds touch 800 kBps on well seeded torrents.
And what are your uTorrent settings? Do you use a specific port?
Can you post your uTorrent settings please! :)

AbhishekS said:
Edit: The speed is now fluctuating between 250-400kbps. Is it good enough for 8mbps connection or is there enough scope?
I mostly get 800KBps+ on torrents....... mostly download thru private trackers.....
UPnP is Turned ON......
I use specific port range so private trackers work better on them......
Rest of the settings are as follows:

enkay said:
How many seeds/peers show up as being actually connected, usually? And what is this number when the speed is 20 kB/s?
Well I have deleted the torrent now and do not remember the stats.
panzer008 said:
I mostly get 800KBps+ on torrents....... mostly download thru private trackers.....
UPnP is Turned ON......
I use specific port range so private trackers work better on them......
Rest of the settings are as follows:
Shall I turn on both of them in router settings?

Back