MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,111
I think both should be Turned ON......
Also it helps to get full speed if seeds >> peers...... try to download frm such torrents.......

Thanks guys. Made some port changes as suggested by you, the uTorrent settings, the router settings, etc. and went to a torrent distributing website. Sorted the torrents on maximum seeders.
Downloading it just for test now.Getting around 350-650kbps. Haven't exceeded 650kbps till now. Average speed currently is 382kbps.
Is around 650 the max I can get on my connection because I'm on the 8mb downstream profile and not 10?

AbhishekS said:
Is around 650 the max I can get on my connection because I'm on the 8mb downstream profile and not 10?
As u can see frm my last screenshot...... u can get 810KBps avg speed consistently......

I average about 870kBps. Haven't downloaded from public trackers in a while. Why don't you download the Ubuntu torrent to test your connection. I can vouch for 850kBps on it. And I haven't enabled either port forwarding or upnp.

AbhishekS said:
And what are your uTorrent settings? Do you use a specific port?Can you post your uTorrent settings please! :)
I randomize port on each start. I also set encryption as Forced. (But that may be detrimental to speeds)To be honest, I don't use uTorrent and public trackers.I use Transmission remote GUI and private trackers only. That way I can immediately start any torrent in my NAS Box which is at home from anywhere in the world as long as I have internet access. Maximum speeds are guaranteed.I hate to keep my PC running 24x7. NAS box on the other hand has 2 extra fail safe hard disks in raid6 (redundancy) and consumes just 1/10th of power compared to my full fledged PC.Yup, I live in a strange world.

x720 said:
I average about 870kBps. Haven't downloaded from public trackers in a while. Why don't you download the Ubuntu torrent to test your connection. I can vouch for 850kBps on it. And I haven't enabled either port forwarding or upnp.
Okay! I'm downloading the Ubuntu torrent. Will post the average speed once the download reaches 50%. Currently around 12% is downloaded with average around 625.
Downloaded: 67%
Average Speed: 767kB/s
Not bad. Things sorted out I guess.
But speeds don't get past 600 this easily on public torrents. What's the secret in finding torrents that are expected to give decent speeds?
And finally the download is over with the average speed being 779.3kB/s.

^^ Ideally there should be no parallel lines in the house. The wire which comes inside your house goes directly into splitter. From splitter, 1 wire goes in a telephone and other goes directly into ADSL modem. That's it. Follow this guideline strictly and you will be able to sync at higher rates.

Also make sure that there is a single wire (without cuts or joints) from MTNL's junction box in your building to the splitter in your house. I even got a crimping tool and few RJ11 plugs from ebay for Rs. 300 and crimped the wires myself.

These are the VERY basics of xDSL connections. As a result, my download sync speeds doubled.

Back