MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,102
Parallel lines? Do you mean 2 lines running physically parallel?
I was considering doing some crimping myself. I remember during the Initial installation, ADSL Signal was not good enough, so the MTNL Linesman came over and re-joined the (telephone) wires near the central electrical box, after restripping them, and the signal quality went up.
Will try your method. Currently I have directly connected the wall to my modem (without a splitter). You think using a splitter with a single wire - like what you suggested - will make more of a difference?

To understand parallel connections, take a look at my signature :)

I have a question regarding that post. In setup 2, can we use a normal adsl splitter before each telephone instead of a line filter? Wouldn't it do the same job?

Thanks x720.
What I don't understand is that, since I don't use the phone at all, I've now plugged in the main wire directly into the ADSL modem (thereby improving stats marginally). Is there a filter to pass through only ADSL-relevant signal?

hey guys, i am planning to get this new 8 mb plan.... So i wanted to ask u weather is it possible to get it on my existing line? i am currently a triband user 2mb. and my router is ADSL 2+ router (GLB-502T).and i live aprox 1.1 km away from borivali telephone exchange. BTW, i did go there once for 10 mb fiber to home. but they said that ites not FTH its VDSL 10 mb and i was directed to an office at first floor, there i asked weather is it feasiable near my area but that guy said to be "tum lelo 10 mb VDLS wala, agar naseeb hua to aaeega, par tum vo dusra line mat surrender karo". :nonchalance:

I have a question regarding that post. In setup 2, can we use a normal adsl splitter before each telephone instead of a line filter? Wouldn't it do the same job?
Yep. Works the same. @enkay I don't know if such a device exists, though it wouldn't make any difference as compated to a regular splitter. By eliminating the splitter, you basically eliminate the losses that come with it, thereby improving your stats. Afaik when you use a splitter, the ADSL output jack contains both the analog component and the phone line component (you could test this by connecting a phone to the adsl output jack on a splitter).
Aditya Chauhan said:
hey guys, i am planning to get this new 8 mb plan.... So i wanted to ask u weather is it possible to get it on my existing line? i am currently a triband user 2mb. and my router is ADSL 2+ router (GLB-502T).and i live aprox 1.1 km away from borivali telephone exchange.
BTW, i did go there once for 10 mb fiber to home. but they said that ites not FTH its VDSL 10 mb and i was directed to an office at first floor, there i asked weather is it feasiable near my area but that guy said to be "tum lelo 10 mb VDLS wala, agar naseeb hua to aaeega, par tum vo dusra line mat surrender karo". :nonchalance:
Post your line stats. Should be, possible; but then I've no idea of the cable length.

enkay said:
What I don't understand is that, since I don't use the phone at all, I've now plugged in the main wire directly into the ADSL modem (thereby improving stats marginally). Is there a filter to pass through only ADSL-relevant signal?
If you do not use phone at all and use the line strictly for ADSL, then that's a great news. You do not need a splitter. The term for it is "Running the DSL connection naked". The only thing you need to do is inspect the wire from junction box to your home. If you find any cuts or joints, REPLACE the wire completely with a new one and crimp it at it's one end which goes into your ADSL modem. I can't be more clear than that. :)
Installed uTorrent to test speeds.

socrates said:
What is the smaller green gadget?
It's a wire peeler to remove platic wire coating to expose the copper wire. But that is not needed. Once you peel off till you reach the blue/white/green/red wires, they go straight inside the plug and upon pressing the handles, the wire gets crimped.
Very friendly youtube videos show you how to do it properly.

Back